HubSpot Ideas

virginiam

Calculate and Report on the Time between Two Properties

I would like to create a custom report where i can see how much time my contacts spend in each stage of their Contact Lifecycle. I am looking for something much like the "time in deal stage" available for deals.

I know that hubspot has the "became a lead date", "became an opportunity", "became a customer date" properties, but I can't seem to get any good report using these.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
July 17, 2020 10:49 AM

Hey all! It's been awesome to see so much interest in the Time Between properties beta. After consulting with the team, I'm going to move up the public release of this feature to Monday. Hang tight over the weekend and you'll have this feature soon! With that update, I am marking this community post as "delivered".

There were a whole bunch of comments added on to this post that are really about current time in stage, which as I mentioned previously, is a separate challenge altogether and something that will take considerable research to do right.

To make sure your input is heard, please take the conversation about that topic over to this Community post. Give it plenty of upvotes if you care, so we can prioritize it properly. Thanks!

In Beta
July 13, 2020 03:29 PM

Hey all! It was really informative (if a little painful at times) to read all the comments on this post.

Excited to share we've released a new kind of calculated property into beta: "Time Between" properties.

Time Between properties take two existing date properties (like "became a lead date" and "became a customer date") and calculates the duration between them. It's just what you need for creating reports like "average time spent in lifecycle stage" or "average time for Enterprise leads from initial conversion to Go Live", etc. The feedback on the beta so far has been terrific, we're on target to release to all Pro and Enterprise customers in the coming weeks. If you want into the beta, just reply to this update and I'll get your hubs added.

Next: There are SO MANY comments on this post about wanting to measure time spent from entering a stage to today. I want to re-iterate that while that seems basic, creating that functionality that also works with the rest of the HubSpot tools (like Workflows and Reportings) is incredibly difficult to do well and at scale. While that functionality is not part of the initial Time Between properties launch, we are working very hard (think multiple conversations with many, many smart HubSpotters weekly) to figure out how we can make it work. I look forward to updating you all on that soon.

Re: Create "Time in Lifecycle stage" report - changed to: Being Reviewed
April 09, 2020 11:15 AM

We are investigating building out a "Time in Lifecycle Stage" report to provide more insights into contact changes. 

181 Replies
carson_stoltz

Can I get added onto the Beta please? Love this!

rachelhering

I would like to Beta as well. Thank you!

mikael

Beta access please! @jeffvincent 

meganrainbow

Please add my org to the beta! Thanks.

FlywheelKinetic
Contributor | Elite Partner

Beta please.

Carly_Farlow
Contributor

Can I please have access to the beta? Thanks a million!

AlanR
Contributor

Yes, please add me to the beta too.  Thanks

MissTipsi
Top Contributor

Add us to the beta too please!

Tom_Liolios

Please add us to beta as well.

ahkhui

Please add me to beta

Gozde
Participant

please add me to beta

Anita1
Member | Gold Partner

Can I have in on the beta please? 

jeffvincent
HubSpot Product Team

Hey all! It's been awesome to see so much interest in the Time Between properties beta. After consulting with the team, I'm going to move up the public release of this feature to Monday. Hang tight over the weekend and you'll have this feature soon! With that update, I am marking this community post as "delivered".

There were a whole bunch of comments added on to this post that are really about current time in stage, which as I mentioned previously, is a separate challenge altogether and something that will take considerable research to do right.

To make sure your input is heard, please take the conversation about that topic over to this Community post. Give it plenty of upvotes if you care, so we can prioritize it properly. Thanks!

slepoidevin
Contributor

Is this being released in beta or publicly? Either way, I want in!

If it has been released publicly, I see the post marked "delivered" but don't see where to find the feature?

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

Beta Please

Rolf
Contributor

Yes, I would also absolutely love to be part of this beta!

ahkhui

I'm not seeing the Time Between property in my Contact filters. Is this live or how do I know if I've joined beta? Thanks

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hey folks!

Here's a great resource that shows how to create a "time between" property: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/create-calculation-properties

Best,

Joe 

Ideas Forum Manager

andersks

Hi all, 

I think this time between property is handy from a reporting standpoint, however, for a sales person to be able to see the amount of time in a current stage, you would need to have a "TODAY" property or selection. Is that something Hubspot is considering implementing? Happy to upvote and comment if there is already a thread going on this topic. 

Thanks!

Kelly

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hey @andersks!

We have an ongoing thread that requests the ability to calculate "current time in stage" or "time until TODAY" here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Time-in-Deal-Stage/idi-p/277082

I'd suggest popping over there to give it an upvote and leave us your feedback!

Best!
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager