HubSpot Ideas

virginiam

Calculate and Report on the Time between Two Properties

I would like to create a custom report where i can see how much time my contacts spend in each stage of their Contact Lifecycle. I am looking for something much like the "time in deal stage" available for deals.

I know that hubspot has the "became a lead date", "became an opportunity", "became a customer date" properties, but I can't seem to get any good report using these.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
July 17, 2020 10:49 AM

Hey all! It's been awesome to see so much interest in the Time Between properties beta. After consulting with the team, I'm going to move up the public release of this feature to Monday. Hang tight over the weekend and you'll have this feature soon! With that update, I am marking this community post as "delivered".

There were a whole bunch of comments added on to this post that are really about current time in stage, which as I mentioned previously, is a separate challenge altogether and something that will take considerable research to do right.

To make sure your input is heard, please take the conversation about that topic over to this Community post. Give it plenty of upvotes if you care, so we can prioritize it properly. Thanks!

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
July 13, 2020 03:29 PM

Hey all! It was really informative (if a little painful at times) to read all the comments on this post.

Excited to share we've released a new kind of calculated property into beta: "Time Between" properties.

Time Between properties take two existing date properties (like "became a lead date" and "became a customer date") and calculates the duration between them. It's just what you need for creating reports like "average time spent in lifecycle stage" or "average time for Enterprise leads from initial conversion to Go Live", etc. The feedback on the beta so far has been terrific, we're on target to release to all Pro and Enterprise customers in the coming weeks. If you want into the beta, just reply to this update and I'll get your hubs added.

Next: There are SO MANY comments on this post about wanting to measure time spent from entering a stage to today. I want to re-iterate that while that seems basic, creating that functionality that also works with the rest of the HubSpot tools (like Workflows and Reportings) is incredibly difficult to do well and at scale. While that functionality is not part of the initial Time Between properties launch, we are working very hard (think multiple conversations with many, many smart HubSpotters weekly) to figure out how we can make it work. I look forward to updating you all on that soon.

Re: Create "Time in Lifecycle stage" report - changed to: Being Reviewed
April 09, 2020 11:15 AM

We are investigating building out a "Time in Lifecycle Stage" report to provide more insights into contact changes. 

181 Kommentare
Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
rok
HubSpot-Produktteam
HubSpot-Produktteam

We are investigating building out a "Time in Lifecycle Stage" report to provide more insights into contact changes. 

Rolf
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@rok, I don't know you, but I'm your biggest fan already. Especially during the strange times we're currently in this type of insights is invaluable in helping to understand changes in the sales cycle.

carson_stoltz
Mitglied

I also would like to create a custom report to find how long a certain ticket has been in a status. This would help us to calculate how long someone hasn't been spoken to, how long an issue has been going on, etc. We would find this super helpful and would love for the idea to implemented!

Brittany-RG
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Following. Great idea.

fupfac
Teilnehmer/-in

needed!

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
jeffvincent
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey all! It was really informative (if a little painful at times) to read all the comments on this post.

Excited to share we've released a new kind of calculated property into beta: "Time Between" properties.

Time Between properties take two existing date properties (like "became a lead date" and "became a customer date") and calculates the duration between them. It's just what you need for creating reports like "average time spent in lifecycle stage" or "average time for Enterprise leads from initial conversion to Go Live", etc. The feedback on the beta so far has been terrific, we're on target to release to all Pro and Enterprise customers in the coming weeks. If you want into the beta, just reply to this update and I'll get your hubs added.

Next: There are SO MANY comments on this post about wanting to measure time spent from entering a stage to today. I want to re-iterate that while that seems basic, creating that functionality that also works with the rest of the HubSpot tools (like Workflows and Reportings) is incredibly difficult to do well and at scale. While that functionality is not part of the initial Time Between properties launch, we are working very hard (think multiple conversations with many, many smart HubSpotters weekly) to figure out how we can make it work. I look forward to updating you all on that soon.

erica11
Stratege/Strategin

Could I please be added to the beta Jeff

SteveMatlick
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Can you please add us to the beta.  Thanks!

NicoleSengers
Ratgeber/-in | Elite Partner

This is great - I would love to be added to the beta. Thanks

fupfac
Teilnehmer/-in

How to be added to the beta please? 

PeterC
Stratege/Strategin

I think it would be safe to add all contributors to this thread 🙂

Arul_Prem
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

Can you please add us for this beta.

Tim1234
Mitglied

Please add me to the beta.

SiykaM
Teilnehmer/-in

Can you please add us for the beta?

abarosz
Teilnehmer/-in

can you please add me to beta?

DanE5
Mitglied

Great! can you please add me to the beta? thx!

Marlene
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

Great! Can you please add me to beta? Thank You!

Msyvrais
Autorität

I would definatly love to be apart of the Beta before next quarter so I can maybe avoid all the spread sheet calculations of days between stages lol!

Super excited to see this come into function!

KevinQ247
Teilnehmer/-in

I'll beta!

MPerello
Mitglied

Could we get access to the beta please?