HubSpot Ideas

mitchellkp

CTA retina display support

HubSpot automatically compresses images, CTAs - either custom image or the out of the box Hubspot stylings -- do not look crisp, clear and high-res on retina displays.

Add support for retina and otherwise address the image quality loss in CTAs.

72 Replies
robinsonjn22
Participant | Partner

Couldn't agree more. Hubspot, please reopen this. 

blinkertoon
Contributor

Just to add my voice to this idea / issue. We've managed to resolve our resolution issues, but is not ideal - and now face the same with CTA buttons. Makes no sense for these to look nice and crisp when you're creating them, only to appear fizzy on delivery to customers/prospects?! 😕

alt36
Contributor

Ya.... Been working on this for far too long. Ridiculous... My work around: Created own image button, inserted it in a rich text module, and linked it... 

Looks clear and achieves desired reults, but essentially renders CTAs pointless. 

MDeane

How about Hubspot disable automatic resizing and provide an option to enable when necessary? This should apply to Blogs, Pages, and Emails where needed.

Signed up to Hubspot Community to specifically comment on this issue.

When creating Emails, the image quailty is horrendous. There is currently no work around.

MDeane

I managed to find a workaround.

- Use an HTML module and add `?noresize` to image path.

Issue should still be addressed. Ideally there should be no technical know how to bypass Hubspot image resizing. Our marketing team should be able to handle this without complication once template has been built.

nehafullharvest

Upvote! This has been an extremely frustrating issue for our team both for images and CTAs. There definitely needs to be a fix!

HLopchan
Member | Partner

I was checking with Email CTAs using 2x size of images but found it works with Desktop but still fuzzy with Mobile.

DomRychlik
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Dom and I’m a Product Manager at Hubspot. I’m really interested in finding out how folks are currently using CTAs, what’s working, what’s not working and what new functionality you’d like to see in the future. Please DM me if you’re interested in a quick 30 min chat with myself and the team. 

Best,

Dom

KTapiero
HubSpot Employee

Hi Team! 

This issue is still very present in our customers' email creation process, as we all know CTA's help to have better control of the data and have more insights on the behaviors of the contacts, I do see how this can affect our customers day today. I know that we are also working on improving, however, wanted to share my experience. Thanks 🙂

PJanakiraman6
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Just followed the article shared by Shay from HubSpot product team in the below page and it has helped me a great deal. Although I take one extra measure for optimization of images I have recently switched to an Image compression app in HubSpot called LitePics – It automates the image compression without affecting the quality of images. Just switched to the app as its productive.

MusicMarketer78
Participant

HubSpot - we still need resolution on this. Having blurry text on an out-of-the-box CTA is very concerning given that CTAs are key elements to email marketing. 

squigglebit
Contributor

5 Years later and thsus us still an issue?
Blurry header images and low res CTA's are not acceptable.