HubSpot Ideas

atma

CSS editing for Knowledge Base

Need the ability to fully customise the appearance of the Knowledge Base by editing the CSS.

Also it would be great to have an option to install a theme (either off-the-shelf from HubSpot partners, or custom-designed).

69 Replies
akember

Agreed! It's really needed.

audpxi

Same here! Would really need more customization to knowledge base.

JPWY

Would very much like this!

agershenson

Yes please! Huge barrier to adoption...

PabloR
Participant

+1

nz

Even something as simple as the ability to load an external style sheet would be a big improvement. That way we can override the existing styles as needed.

CEdmunds

This is a must.  Would like to be able to add custom emojis also.

74SinD

Very disappointed with Hubspot Knowledge Base so far

Michelle44

Hello, new customer to HubSpot and I'm involved in deciding whether to use your knowledge base or stick with Word press.

I've just started to take a look around to see what I could achieve using the templates that you provide, I already knew that they were very restrictive however what I didnt realise was that you can only really have 1 landing page (the home page).   

Our software is extensive, so if I choose a topic on the home page (created in HubSpot), I will be presented with a navigation bar on the left hand side of my page where I will see sub categories that I have created associated with the topic I chose on the Home Page.  But I won't see or have the option to build a similar layout to what I have on the home page.   Instead whilst it can look organised, its ultimately a list of articles and I dont think thats the best user experience.

If I choose - https://help.hubspot.com/ Im taken to a home page, where I can choose a topic from a typical layout that I would expect.    If I select 'knowledge base' from options available - Im taken to a new page, which is presented in a very similar style to the home page.

This is a great example of what we need as a business for our own knowledge base, but doesnt yet seem possible within HubSpot.

Based on that, I am leaning towards word press which is a little bit frustrating as we will be using HubSpot extensively for services, all our customer tickets etc, so it would make so much more sense to have a knowledge base in HubSpot.

Zhariff

I agree with @Michelle44 - need this functionality. You released in your latest developments this was coming, whats the ETA??

edstennett

Much needed functionality - please could we have an update on where/if this falls on the roadmap?

Jaqueline
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Absolutely necessary. We can't match our customers corporate designs and they are paying hundrets of euros for the service hub. Sorry, but this is not acceptable...and it should be no big deal for you to make the CSS accessible.

nutrachamps

Ditto to all of the above. Asking for this for 2 years and not having anything change is unacceptable. We don't want to make our Knowledge base public until it's customizable. Until then, we may have to host somewhere else. 😞 

Michelle44

Hi

How do we find out if an idea is progressing - the idea of this community is great but I havent seen any responses to my post and it seems like a critical idea right now looking at all these other posts.

It would be great to hear back about progress.

Thanks

Ewa

Agree, we also have some issues with current templates and would like to develop much more than it's currently possible! 

ephelps

This would be really great. We have no data on our current FAQS and we aren't able to use the knowledgebase because it looks vastly different than our interface. I'm loosing so much data!

sk0si
Contributor

Any update here? An enterprise client is asking for... It's a huge design gap between website and knowledgebase.

EwaBaran

HI Guys, 

when can we expect any changes here?

AlexandreSch
Participant

and add head & foot to the mix. 

g6

Please please please make this happen! Basically necessary for the knowledge base to be a long-term solution.