HubSpot Ideas

Snaedis

More flexible knowledge base design and layout, including custom HTML/CSS

There have been a number of different posts in the Community which are about the same core need (customizing the styling of the knowledge base), but many have been marked as "solved" or "delivered" because of options that get you part-way there. I'm consolidating those into this post so we can more easily track this need. This post should not be marked as solved or delivered until a knowledge base can be fully customized in layout and styling.

I've spoken with many customers who still want more flexibility in knowledge base styling, including: 

• Custom layouts for index pages and articles
  • More fonts and styling options to better align KB with the rest of a business's website

For those of us who are working to improve the HubSpot product, it's incredibly helpful to have example use cases from our customers, and the posts here on the Community play an important role in our prioritization process. 

Giving you more flexibility in KB styling is something we'd like to do, and when we have the bandwidth to dig into this project we'll look to you all for guidance on how to best support your needs. So if customization is important to you, please add your voice to this thread!

For reference, I'm listing here the other posts which are related to this topic: 

196件のコメント
Mark6
メンバー

Also, please make it possible to use footnotes (e.g., for references) in Knowledge Base articles. There are certain items I would like footnoted for reference, but do not necessarily prefer they are nested in the article itself.

Thank you,

Mark

arosonke
メンバー

Ditto on being able to adjust fonts. Applying style sheets would be amazing as well!

Pingu
メンバー

Hello!

We are interested too in the developments of the knowledge base tool. Adding some CSS would be good. At least in order to allow adding a tag-line below the search bar to give a better explanation of what the KB does (as it appears in HS knowledge base).

Another feature that would be good to develop is adding a tag stating the resource tipe (video, how-to, template to download...).

This being said, we are doing some tests to improve customization and noticed that the subdomain of HS Knowledge base is https://help.hubspot.com, while when I use the tool-bar and am redirected towards the articles, the URL becomes https://knowledge.hubspot.com.

The explanation I gave myself if that the actual domain on the knowledge base is https://knowledge.hubspot.com, but:

1) Knowledge base modules where cloned, moved into different folders into the design tool and customized there.
2) After this, it was possible to re-create a customized landing page using a different domain (https://help.hubspot.com). Under this page, it was possible to add the cloned modules and create a nice customized page. 

I've tried recreating this procedure on our account and I was actually able to do it, even if it's still quite complicated.

Maybe this can be a feature to develop?
MeredithB
参加者

It's crazy that the knowledge base would be off brand / not visually the same as other pages on a hubspot website. Please allow us to customize the font! Thank you 🙂 

Soenke
メンバー

I am perplexed - we are still in our onboarding and only just found out that something so basic as changing a font is omitted. Not just that - in a fairly modern looking UI, where the headings are all non-serif fonts, the paragraph is a serif, last century font like Times New Roman! Truly mind-boggling. I get it that the Service Hub is still young, but this is a little too MVP for us.

rupertcarlyon
参加者

Is there any update on when this might be available as an upgrade?

Most frustrating of all - is that the hubspot knowledge base uses a much better font so looks way better than what we can do!

SimonStocks
メンバー

Agree with everything everyone else has says.  Not being able to style the knowledge base articles is a big problem, particularly when there is so much customisation available elsewhere (blog landing pages and posts for example).   You need to be able to order the categories manually, control how many of each category are shown, use icons and graphics next to categories and posts, have different formats of post available and use common-place elements like concertinas for easy-to-construct FAQ sections.

Hoping this will be improved soon...?

Fingers crossed

All the best

Simon 

ステータスに更新: In Beta
goconnor
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Now in beta is a new Customize Template feature which will allow you to choose a template from a number of different options that allows them to enhance the design of their knowledge base and tie it closer to your brand. You can now add descriptions and images to categories as well as customize the font of your knowledge base.

Please PM me with your Hub Id if you would like access to this beta.

ステータスに更新: In Beta
goconnor
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Changing fonts is included in our new Customize Template feature which is now in beta. Please PM me with your Hub Id if you would like access to this.

PeterW121
メンバー

Definitely we need more customisation. 

ALSO
What is very odd that while in the knowledge base, you click on your company logo and it won't take you to your website but rather to the home page of the knowledge base.

GlennMillerLupo
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Does anyone have a solution to edit these otherwise @hubspot please include capability soonst! Thanks!

rsellman
参加者

Agreed! The Knowledge Base is supposed to be a key feature of the Flywheel methodology, and when we can't match the KB with the rest of our Hubspot-hosted CMS site it degrades the overall appearance of our company. The KB is so far away from anything we want associated to us that we have not formally taken on the initiative to build it out.

This needs to follow the same path in Design Tools as the Blog and CMS. Give us ultimate flexibility with this to create eye-catching, user-friendly Knowledge Base articles on a top-tier appearing KB home page so that we can use Hubspot for the Flywheel methodology that we became attracted to Hubspot over in the first place.

This feature is an absolute must for us. At least make this available to Professional + Enterprise.

ステータスに更新: Delivered
goconnor
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Customize Template is now live to all customers. Please let me know if you have any feedback

ステータスに更新: Delivered
goconnor
HubSpot製品開発チーム

ingramleedy
投稿者

I agree. You should be able to customize the layout, theme, template, css of the KB just like any other page.   If we could create our own hosted page and add the KB modules that would be great.

Ananda
メンバー

I'm not seeing anything in the template customizer that handles style options. 

The rich text editor for this post has more features than the text editor for knowledge base articles!

Can we at least add the rich text module to the KB article editor? It seems to be available in all kinds of other areas of HubSpot. (https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/use-default-modules-in-your-template#rich-text)

adussault
メンバー

This would be very, very useful. Customization right now is severly limited and is a big pain point in our adoption of Hubspot. 

cpalenshus
メンバー

When is this coming? Themes are nice start, but not what we need or are looking for.

Geoffww
参加者

I can't understand why the limitations are so stark.  I would like to use the "Minimal" template for the category icons and mouse-over affect but the header height is awful.  It's huge.  It takes up 50% of the page height.  It makes no sense.  The bland Classic template is the only option that doesn't have terrible proportions.

arecuk
参加者

Let's use the same templating system for blog and landing pages also for knowleadge base!