HubSpot Ideas

fsta

CRM Deal Import - Automatically Associate with Contacts

We need the ability to automatically associate deals with contacts/companies during the import process.

We have thousands of deals that have been completed for the current year.  Our service is provided on an annual basis.  We need the ability to create new deals that incorporate some properties from our completed deals in the prior year.  It appears this is easy, as we can export our completed deals, make the necessary changes in Excel, and them re-import into HubSpot.

However, there is not currently the ability to automatically associate the imported deals with their contacts/companies.  Doing this manually in not a viable option due to the high number of deals.  

74 Replies
tkulyk
Participant

@Bruamico

Thanks for the clarity!

We're trying to pull deal data from the deal export and paste it into existing company profiles and vice versa.

We have been using HS for a while and just realized that the data is only contained in one area and not synced even with association.

Bruamico
Participant | Diamond Partner

@tkulyk i see. We should be able to import and export deals containing all the information, with contacts and companies associated. Well, i hope this is the next step to make HubSpot CRM more professional, but i´m happy with today´s update, i think they´re getting there!

Best,

tkulyk
Participant

@Bruamico

Totally agree! 

Unfortunately, we're considering our options now as this is a big time suck (to manually move the data over)....

Hope HS can get this functionality sooner than later.....

TashaDalBianco
Contributor | Platinum Partner

Really keen to see this as a feature - has anyone had success with the third party migrations applications? 

dtwing1

I am migrating from SugarCRM. I was testing the migration  with on of the two online migration services. They do not associate contacts to deals unless you do a custom migration.

I have a developer integrating my website via APIs to create contacts from registration, deals from online sales, and log some other activity in a third pipeline. We already had the ability to link conacts and deals via these APIs, so I had him make the connections via the API from exported data from both Hubspot and SugarCRM. I would imagine he could do the same thing with exported deals from Hubspot and rather than import them back unlinked to Deals, write them back via the API and make the connection automatically.

Anyone interested, contact me. The developer is a contractor to me and very cost effective. 

Once we did this work, we were so close, we are now doing the entire migration through the APIs. We will wrap this up this week, so I would share the contact if you want to try this method.

Daniel3
Contributor

For online sales, we did the Zapier integration and it works fine so far. I just can imagine if you have a huge number of deals coming in from a 3rd party in an excel sheet, that would be a nightmare especially when new data comes in on a daily or regular basis.

markkofman
Top Contributor

@dtwing1 You mention that you’ve tested third-party services. I wanted to clarify here that with Import2, the ability to associate Deals and Contacts is included in both of our products CSV Import Wizard and Data Migration) in both the free and paid options. There is no extra cost to be able to link your records together when importing.

Zapponi

Please, we need this right now

IvanKarp
Top Contributor

@Zapponi hi! please contact data2crm techs, they are able to do it! Thanks

tkulyk
Participant

@IvanKarp - I realize that it's likely your business model for HubSpot to not have this functionality, but for users / subscribers of Hubspot, this lack of functionality is highly suspect and frustrating....

davidrevis
Contributor

I've been using the Import2Wizard from https://www.import2.com

It's really good, you can import deals associated with contacts and companies very easily. You can even import notes onto the timeline on contacts companies and deals. Free for under 100 records at any one time and then something like $100 for 25,000 credits for large imports (where one record = a credit).

markkofman
Top Contributor

@davidrevis FYI Import2 Wizard free tier allows you to import into HubSpot up to 1,000 rows per day, so you will be able to do much more without any purchase. 

PedroVV

Any news?

PaulB
Participant

Any update on this?

MannyO

Absolutely agree. We have hundreds of deals in our system & are planning to import lots more. When deals are exported, there are columns for associated deals and contacts, so naturally, it makes sense to have those fields in import (or at least the ability to map them). Not sure how HubSpot missed this

marshah
Contributor

Are they going to update this functionality or do we just continue to be frustrated? If I tell my sales team they cannot associate deals with contacts and companies except by manually editing them they are going to revolt!

Prague_Bill

Ok, here's a relatively simple way to do this with some scripting:

1) Create ContactID property for all users (use API to copy internal unique "vid" for Contact to visible unique "hsid" property)

Automate this with a cronjob to update every 5 or 15 or 60 minutes or once a day as makes sense.

(I created a SmartList to return blank hsid's so I wouldn't recopy existing id's).

There's some PHP code on internet, but I rewrote simpler in Python.  ("requests" & "json" libraries are your friend)

2) Do the same for internal dealId (note capital in varname) to visible "hsdealid" property

3) Write a script that searches for your Deal Name to fetch hsdealid, and hsid for your Contact's email address.

Then call the Deal API associate_deal method that associates that dealId (hsdealid) to that email's vid (hsid)

4) Lather, rinse, repeat (i.e. loop over csv, or over spreadsheet using Pandas, or....)

You can also use Webhooks, et al, but may be dangerous if you're sending unverified emails to update.

mcanady

Just another note to say this is an important feature that should be available in Hubspot CRM.

PMike

+1. I'm surpised this was first mentioned 16 months ago. If you want to do a transition from another CRM and you have so many leads and history, being ablo to import this is evidently crucial.

jewsbur0
Participant

Really surprised that this was supposed to be looked at over a year ago according to Andy Pitre's message from ‎04-04-2017 and still not resolved. Really disapointing from Hubspot