HubSpot Ideas

khughes

Add CC and BCC capabilities to emails from HubSpot

We have a need for the option to add CC and BCC to emails that are sent from HubSpot. We have two important use cases for this.

Use case 1:
We have a registration form set up on our website. When someone registers, they receive an automated email from us through HubSpot saying "Thank you for registering!". Since we have a lot of different people signing up, it's very important for us to follow up on that email.

If we could add CC to me on the email that is sent out, I could pick up the conversation with the person registering very quickly. I could simply press "Reply" on the email and continue the conversation with the lead.

If I want to do this now with today's HubSpot solution, I'd have to copy/paste the lead's email address from the internal registration confirmation email, write a subject line that wouldn't confuse the lead, and then write the message to the lead. This delays the response time dramatically, and takes up substantially more resources.

Use case 2:
If we could add BCC to emails as well, it would give people two great advantages;
(1) HubSpot emails could easily be integrated with almost ANY CRM (ex. Email to CRM option), and
(2) it would add the contents of the email to the CRM (more than just "Sent Subject Line").

If anything is unclear, I would loooove to explain in more detail.

249 Replies
dalexander

This is a strategic tactic for targeted marketing campaigns. We work closely with AEs and CSMs on marketing company announcements and events. Being able to send an email and copy the CSM/AE would make the campaign much more real and personalized.

EDeMarco
Participant

I am trying to send automated workflow emails to deals, and 2 contacts are associated with this deal and will now get the email seperately. It would be great if it could send the automated email to both contacts on 1 thread.

Jbryce

Adding our use case for this. 

1. Transactional Emails — We send a ton of transactional emails for new construction homes. These emails are automated based on where the homeowner is in the process, but we want to be able to keep more than just the one buyer in the loop on the status of their home. It would be really helpful to be able to cc' their outside agent, their spouse, and the internal agent about scheduling their design appointment and other milestones in their purchase process. 

2. Automated Marketing Emails — For example, we will host open houses for new communities. We would like to be able to send an automated email out to interested buyers AND be able to cc' the prospects outside agent on the email. We have been making it work to send it directly to each contact, but it would make our emails more effective to have it sent to the buyer and agent as one "unit" so they are more enticed to attend/talk about it. 

JuanHilario_AVO

Agreed. In my case, we want to send Confirmation emails to clients and CC a "confirmations" email inbox. 

JBlumberg

The cc button would be a game changer for my team.

AFior

Adding another voice to the chorus -- we need this feature!

VJ

This is an absolutely necessary feature. The ability to mark specific people from departments in automated emails has lots of business use cases. Please consider this.

RKersey

Is this still not on the roadmap? I see multiple requests for this enhancement and even one HubSpot rep made it sound like it was moving towards a beta. 

Thanks!

HubSpot Product Team

February 28, 2021 08:55 AM

Hi Commmunity! An update here from the product team:

We are currently undergoing some major changes to the infrastructure of sequences to allow for a number of improvements, including the ability to enroll multiple contacts in sequences (CC, BCC, and TO:). Although we still plan to prioritize this work, it may still be several months before this functionality is available in beta. Thank you for your patience and participation in this thread, we are working hard to bring news of updates for you all as soon as we can!

Best,

Glen

GetRekt

Is this available at the moment? Would save my team 10~20 minutes per lead that comes in. 

AFreemerman
Participant

Totally need it! Any workaround or app that can help? 

I really struggle with this for the customer follow-up, as there is no visibility for the sales reps at least the customer replies to the message. there is not a trace in anybody's inbox of the welcome messages or the onboarding sequences we sent.

TKyllo

cc'ing our sales reps in certain marketing emails would be a very beneficial feature for us.

JChorier

Totally need that function ! We also need to be able to read messages that have been sent to the customer via Marketing Emails, even with no replies. 

VDAgostino

It would be useful to show individual contact names and/or emails in a cc field for outgoing HubSpot emails. We've had occasions where that would have been useful in group emails. In Outlook, we show the names rather than the email. Although you can click on the name to get their email address. Would love it if this could be an enhancement to the program.

TLin2

For the product team - being unable to differentiate who opens the email might just be a tradeoff we have to live with.

It's not a dealbreaker and I would gladly have the ability to CC/BCC in automations with that tradeoff. I have to CC people manually today and as long as one of them opens it, not a big deal who.

Blipster
Participant

how is 525 upvotes not making this a priority?

DimitriAntoniou

We also need something like this! Especially in workflows where we want to trigger a response email that connects multiple teams/roles to a customer.

Jmstein

Agreed. Where is this feature?

AKatzian
Contributor

Please, also add it for transactional emails too. 🚀

kkoltun
Contributor

This would be really useful for sending submission notifications internally to the right teams in the same email thread

Nuemcclure

I agree this needs to be a feature. Using the Compliance Copy Email as a workaround is too much for us. Just like non-marketing emails, I'd like to be able to bcc or cc whomever I want.