HubSpot Ideas

JDavis91

Business Units: Forms

With the Beta version of business units, you should be able to clone a form from one business to another. Currently you are not able to. Also, you can not edit an existing form and select it to another business unit. 

24 Replies
rmatuoka
Member | Diamond Partner

Great Idea, we have a lot of forms created using the API, would be good to pass the BU as a parameter on the forms API too

Bob2245
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

Totally on board with this! I know it's still in Beta, but hope this gets added as a feature before launch. One of our clients has a gazillion existing forms and they all need to be assigned to various new business units. It'll be days/weeks of work to recreate all of them from scratch instead of cloning pre-existing ones (or better yet, change the business units of existing forms). 

COverton

This is huge, and so important! Doesn't make sense to have to recreate forms if we updgraded to Enterprise and are now using Business Units. Thanks!

andrearitchey

Agreed! This is also important for emails. We had a team member create around 50 new emails for their business unit in HubSpot, but created them for the wrong business unit. Now we have recreate them all again because there is no way to easily switch the content to another business unit (we all make mistakes!) or to clone between the units. 😵😵😵😵

rjbudding
Participant | Diamond Partner

We absolutly need this, not only for forms but all assets. HubSpot associates assets when setting up Business Units itself. So we now have 50 forms that are associated with the wrong BU and we cannot reverted it (by cloning, or selecting the correct one). Lot of work to adjust this to the right BU, and we did not even have the change to choose the correct one in the first place!

CoreyDee
Participant

Being able to change the Business Unit on existing forms is absolutely essential!  Otherwise, my team will have to recreate over 75 forms and adjust all the workflows in place for them which will be such a waste of time.

SLoo
HubSpot Employee

Hi team, sharing on behalf of a customer here.

It would be great to have the ability to change BUs on forms. I'd like to have the ability to simply set the BU for Facebook Lead Forms rather than having it default to the account primary unit.

MikeJ

Absolutely Agree to this!   We are in the BETA for Business Units as well and this is a must.   You can set the Business Units for contacts and marketing emails fairly easily, but forms you cannot change without recreating/cloning the form which can lead to lots of redundancy. 

We have around 50 active forms, recreating/cloning would be extremely time consuming and problematic inside of workflows & websites. 

Hope this gets fixed before deployment!

RafaelBran

Absolutely, just in the process of updating the workflows and so on and I was a bit disappointed that this feature dioe not exist. The same goes for Apps, mist of them can't be associated with 2 BU yet... 

FrankWL
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is a no-brainer.

maritima

I asked HS to add this feature or help us do the migration (change the BU) - they refused.

It's extremely time-consuming for the forms to be re-created + update the scripts on the websites. 

CindyL
Member | Partner

It is critical that we be able to add a hidden field of Business Unit to existing forms! We've been a HS user for many years and have hundreds of forms. I don't have the resources to recreate every form and replace them on existing websites and LPs.

Jennaeloise

We desperately need this ability as well!

RMcElroy

As a company with 12 business units we have 2 options. Option 1 (ideal scenario) We use the Gravity Forms HubSpot Add-on to integrate our forms and then assign them to the correct unit after addition. Option 2 (worst case) We have 12 separate HubSpot master accounts and a tangled web of user accounts for everyone on every account. Obviously, that would be a total nightmare and IT would never sign off on it. We would like to use HubSpot, but this feature not working is a deal breaker. ​

AFreeth

We also need this alot as we spent a lot of time setting up and testing the existing non-Hubspot forms and don't want to have to re-build these.

GScaglia

Up ! 👍

We really need this feature to be implemeted asap. We've got over 40 forms embed on websites and assigned to reports, workflows, etc... Cloning everything will surely lead to a mess !

jackson_OFO
Member | Partner

Hopefully one day HubSpot will pay attention to great ideas like these... This should have already been implemented.

BGeyer

Agree - seems this should be available as an option.

CNordin

Checking in for March 2023 to say that this is still not implemented and it really really really should be.

DMeade0

Same thing, but for everything across the platform. Some assets can be cloned and then assigned to a different business unit, but not all. My latest example is Landing Pages. Cloned landing pages get assigned to the original page's business unit, and I don't see a way to move them. 

On a related note, we need the option to move items from one business unit to another (e.g., in the event that an asset was assigned to the wrong BU in the first place).