HubSpot Ideas

bowlinshoes

Business Card Scanning on iOS

We've had quite a few users asking if we could integrate our iOS and Android CRM with other business card scanning apps. We're going to do one better and build a business card scanner right into our CRM apps.

JULY UPDATE: We're close...really close to having a version of business card scanner for iOS and a brand new update for Android. We need people to try out this new feature and make sure it's just right before we release it to the App Store / Play Store. If you'd be interested in getting an early peek you can sign up here.

89 Replies
vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

Good news everyone - Business Card Scanner is now live to all iOS Users.
Image result for professor farnsworth

This has been a long time coming and we thank you for holding on. Couple of things to point out as it is slightly different from our Android version (which we will be updating soon as well):

• You can access the feature by going to your contacts
  • We have reduced the number of taps needed to enter the data so you can quickly scan, tap and go
  • We will scan and classify First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, Email, Job Title, Website URL from the card (we are thinking about supporting new properties at some point)
  • We are utilising Machine Learning under-the-hood to power the classification of the properties you are scanning. This means that the the scanner will keep getting smarter
  • You can segment contacts scanned by the business card scanner in HubSpot to create lists, trigger workflows and more

Hope you all like this update, and please comment below with your thoughts!

Contented
Participant

Er, sorry, I can't see on app, contacts section.  What should we see? 

TimBrown

Problem is you've made it so only users who can import data can see it in the app. It should just be available to all users. 

Can you fix that asap please?

Thanks.

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

@Contented - have you updated to the latest version of the app? If so, make sure you logout and log back in again and you should see this

@TimBrown - it shouldn't be linked to Import. If the user can create a contact, they should see the feature. Can you ping me a user in your portal who is unable to see the feature currently?

ariplaut
HubSpot Product Team

Today's the day. We're excited to announce a visually refreshed business card scanner for Android, and — for the first time ever — a business card scanner for iOS, powered by machine learning. It's now live in your HubSpot mobile app. You can learn all about it here

Let us know what you think!

ShanDogMilllion

I just updated my Hubspot app on iOS, logged in, and didn't see the new "scan business card" option when I tried to add a contact. So I logged out and logged back in, and I still didn't see the option. So then I logged out, closed the Hubspot app, opened the app again, logged back in, and I still don't see the "scan business card" option. Anyone else having this issue?

I have an iphone 7 using iOS 10.1.1 but app specs say it only requires iOS 9.1 or later. Thanks!

File Jan 18, 11 00 26 AM.png

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

@ShanDogMilllion - you would need at least iOS 11 or higher to access the business card scanner functionality. You can read more about this here.

erikakerlund

Hi, 

Love the new business card scanning feature.

Could I introduce the idea of also making the app uploading the businesscard as an image attachment to the contact record?

Thanks!

blawlorSJ

Our team is with erikakerlund - adding the businesscard into a contact's profile is very needed. This would be even better with the new layout with movable modules on the right side of a contact screen.