HubSpot Ideas

bowlinshoes

Business Card Scanning on iOS

We've had quite a few users asking if we could integrate our iOS and Android CRM with other business card scanning apps. We're going to do one better and build a business card scanner right into our CRM apps.

JULY UPDATE: We're close...really close to having a version of business card scanner for iOS and a brand new update for Android. We need people to try out this new feature and make sure it's just right before we release it to the App Store / Play Store. If you'd be interested in getting an early peek you can sign up here.

89 Replies
AJernigan
Participant

One more for iOS! 

OleMartinExilva
Contributor

Hey all - reopening this as we are seeing some really good conversations around this on iOS as well. We delivered an early version of Business Card scanning on Android and we would like to hear from everyone on bringing this to iOS 👏

Really? You didn't consider this being usefull for iOS users from the beginning? Even though your initial status was "We've had quite a few users asking if we could integrate our iOS and Android CRM with other business card scanning apps. We're going to do one better and build a business card scanner right into our CRM apps.".

With apps in plural. Awesome 😉

Anyways; yes please!

tgsinvest

Yes, this is long overdue!!  It is painful to put cards into my iphone, then import them to Hubspot only to get a few fields to import then retype the main items into hubspot directly again anyway.  Please develop this so we can easily import business cards and map them to hubspot fields (standard and custom fields).  Thank you.

dwyper

Please provide the same functionality for iOS ASAP!

rehanaj
Participant

iOS come on Hubspot!! You can do it!

bmitchell

Does anyone know of an Ios business card scanner that integrates with HubSpot?

I can't wait as I am a new user and have lots of business cards waiting to be scanned.

andyb
Contributor | Gold Partner
Sure - you can use HubSpot CRM card scanner by MagneticOne. In the iOS app store now. It's free for a few cards & chargeable after that. Works well enough. Not long-term solution, but works well enough until HubSpot add the functionality to the HubSpot app properly
joso29
Participant

Hi Guys, Any news on the iOS version update, not just Android?

chrisronzio

+10000 for iOS. We got really excited about HubSpot Sales and CRM and set several clients up on it this year, only to be disappointed with the lack of business card scanning for iOS. I know it's a small feature, but this thread being "delivered" caused us to put this feature in our report to a few clients, and now it's a problem. 

Timeline??

JonD

+1 for HubSpot iOS business card scanner! Very needed

StoddardHorn
Participant

Shocked this is 6 months behind Android... +1 for iOS !

Dejeff

Hi guys, just to inform iOS version is available dated and updated 23/11/17, looks like it's  been (QUIETLY) developped also by MgneticOne, same as per the Adroid version and looks brilliant 🙂

gaetanodaloia

Good news, even if I' can't find it on my hubspot ios app yet. Where is that?

StoddardHorn
Participant

Any update on iOS version? Spent $15 on BCR for Hubspot CRM and not loving the results...

Dejeff

gaetanodaloia > Check AppStore, DL'd it there myself

StoddardHorn > Honestly, for what it does for free, i'm quite happy w/ it. Got that one and HayStack free version as well as a spare

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

Hey all - just wanted to provide an update on this and clear up any questions. There currently isn't a HubSpot built Business Card Reader on iOS. This is something we are thinking about and all your feedback on this thread is super valuable in our research. We don't support any third-party BCR at this time, but you are of course free to use it!

Let me know if I can answer any further questions!

Mary_Warner

As I know now there is an application called Business Card Reader for Hubspot CRM provided by MagneticOne Mobile. There are both Android and iOS versions supported.
For now, they are even Hubspot Certified Partner and you can find this information on Hubspot Integrations page: https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/magnetic_one

scheilj

@vishnu @bowlinshoes It looks like the feedback for the iOS app is "We want this, When is it going to happen?" Do you have any comments on when this BCR will be ready for iOS?

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

No ETA just yet on this @scheilj. We will update here once we have a firm timeframe.

Jems212
Participant

@scheilj @StoddardHorn @gaetanodaloia @JonD

IOS can business card scanning in to HubSpot using this seperate app for now: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/business-card-reader-4-hubspot/id1272732955?mt=8

The Android integration directly with the HubSpot App is amazing!! Hope iphone follows soon.