HubSpot Ideas

bowlinshoes

Business Card Scanning on iOS

We've had quite a few users asking if we could integrate our iOS and Android CRM with other business card scanning apps. We're going to do one better and build a business card scanner right into our CRM apps.

JULY UPDATE: We're close...really close to having a version of business card scanner for iOS and a brand new update for Android. We need people to try out this new feature and make sure it's just right before we release it to the App Store / Play Store. If you'd be interested in getting an early peek you can sign up here.

89 Comentarios
Jems212
Participante

This would be class.  We are at a show right now and collecting business cards which will be manual entry.

I had a landing page ready for data collection but it is too slow at a busy booth.  At shows they sometimes have scanners which scan the person's barcode on their name badge and it gives you their details in mass excel.  We attend a lot of shows that don't have these scanners though so a way to collect info from biz card would be great.  

Even as interim if your app just took photo and added as attachment against anonymous contact for office staff to then complete details as they come in rather than a bulk of 100s.

thanks 

Contented
Participante

I  have looked at pasting into a HubSpot property, a weblink to googledrive where I have a folder of images. Unfortunately, I can see problems getting it working across the team. I'm going to try the app referred to.

vxydias
Participante

Please make it EASY, SIMPLE and SEAMLESS.  No Zapier integrations...Lastly Test it out with SALESPEOPLE in the FIELD...Not ENGINEERS

willcurran
Colaborador líder

I used Fullcontact + Zapier's integration and since in Full Contact, I can just select "Send business card to Hubspot" it works perfect.

Contented
Participante

Thanks Will.  Although it looks great, there's a limit on number of business cards scanned - and they seem to take about an hour to transcribe (by humans, apparently). We've far too many business cards  for that limit.

Meanwhile, EverNote photographs cards (and delegate lists) then OCRs very well (under 5 GBP per month unlimited use  - you can downgrade to free service when you've finished).  Not yet worked out how to export into spreadsheet / zapier.  

While we wait for HubSpot, any other solutions out there?

rdolmat
Colaborador

A-Ma-ZING!!!

Jems212
Participante

Found this app that is really handy to scan business cards from your phone and it auto adds them to your contacts.  Noticed it also has an export to SalesForce feature so hoping this is something HubSpot could clone and set up pretty quick and easy?

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/scanbizcards-business-card-reader/id335047649?mt=8 

Would be useful to skip saving to phone if you don't want the contact added to your phone and just have export to HubSpot option.  In the meantime using this app is still quicker then you can hit share contact by email and send it through to the office and they can copy paste details rather than manual entry.

Export to Salesforce FeatureExport to Salesforce FeatureBiz Card Scanner2.pngBiz Card Scanner1.png

Thanks!

Jemma

andrearitchey
Miembro

I also second the note that @Jems212 made... It would be really helpful if HubSpot offered us the option for using APIs in their badge scanner for trade shows. We currently use a program called Akkroo that has a HubSpot integration and we can send them an API from the show so our badge scanners on our mobile devices can scan the show badge.

It would be awesome if we could tie our show leads and scans directly into HubSpot lists & workflows for automated emails, track directly through this system, etc. instead of having to use a third party integration.

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
roisinkirby
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hey all,

Thank you for your feedback and patience. I can confirm that this feature is now live. Full details can be found here

rdolmat
Colaborador

Timeline for iOS early release beta app?

vxydias
Participante

Great first step....need iphone now

em
Participante

@roisinkirby Will the business card reader be available for iPhones anytime soon? Most of my coulleagues have iPhones so the delivered app for Android doesn't really help us out. 

pmonks
Miembro

It's live for Android users - when will the iOS app be updated to support this capability?

pmonks
Miembro

The feature is now live for users of the Android App.  When is the feature coming to those of us who use iOS devices?

Ori
Miembro

Hi, when will this feature be live for IOS? thx!

Maria_Crespo
Miembro

It would be only fair if this new feature was also available for iOS users 😉

Thanks

Stewartbennett
Participante

Hey @roisinkirby

Any idea when the business card feature will be available in the iOS app? 

Regards,

Stewart. 

jmokc
Miembro

Looks like the android app has the business card scanning functionality but it's not available in iOS. Do you know if/when there will be a rollout for the iPhone app? Thanks in Advance!

danyelb
Colaborador

Hi @roisinkirby,

The first post in this thread mentioned iOS and Android.

This is delivered on one. What is the status for iOS catching up with these features?

Thanks!

Babel_Gem
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

@roisinkirby can you confirm whether this is just a feature of the Andoid app or if it can be done on Apple devices too? Can't seem to see how.