HubSpot Ideas

DMA

Business Card Scanner - automate address fill

It would be a nice feature to allow the customization of the default six fields that the business card scan feature ask (Full name, job title, email, company, Phone, Website) and allow to decide which fields are showed after scan.

For instance the street address, city, country and so on.

79 Comentarios
squintero
Miembro

Being able to customize what fields are on the business card scanner would be amazing, specifically a notes section. 

Estado actualizado a: In Planning
vishnu
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

CWBostwick
Miembro

Hi, I agree with others on this thread - please make it possible for the scanner to also upload Company name and Company address as it's definitely needed. Otherwise, you're expecting your users to manually enter this information and decreasing our overall efficiency. A wishlist item would be to also upload the business card image to the respective contact.

JMäki
Miembro

Hello, less than a 1 week testing hubspot CRM. Its working great, but also noticed that lots of these important (but old) customer feedbacks have still not been implemented, which is little strange. Most of the feedbacks are about improving efficiency and does not require much coding. It could bring more happy, paying customers and recommendations

BBerglund
Miembro

I dont get that these ideas have been going on since 2018 and its still not repaired. Does Hubspot really want our business?

EdelValle
Miembro

When I (Super Admin permissions) scan a business card using the mobile app - business card scanner it creates a contact and a company with all the information found on the business card. However when a sales rep (starter) scans they only get an orphaned contact record with no address information. Can you help me to know what I need to do to settings to make it work correctly for the users? 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Thank you.

KRoberts
Miembro

I would appreciate the ability to pull through additional fields on the business card scanner. Company Name, address and custom fields we require for segmentation would be very helpful and save our sales team a lot of time. Thank you!

MvanLeest
Miembro

Any update expected? This will save a lot of paper. I only need to scan a card and dont have to take it with me. 

DanFromCF
Colaborador

Would also like to see this feature added, including owner assignments. 

SBradt
Participante

I agree with some of the earlier comments. I am puzzled that this has been stewing for 3+ years and hasn't been addressed. It seems like getting addresses  would be considered important? Pulling the address from the WWW address, doesn't always acurately reflect the individuals street address, only the company's

RCloughen
Miembro

Bumping. This is a crucial feature that other third party card scanners offer. I switched my team from Salesforce to Hubspot because of the integrated features and ease of use, business card scanner being part of my consideration. For Outside Sales teams having the address captured is crucial, especially when implementing other third party apps like Geomapper. 

Please move this ask forward as it's been over two years since the intial request!

bryceanelson
Participante

Our marketing and sales teams scan a ton of business cards and we need to collect some other information other than name, email, phone, etc when that card is scanned (event or convention, product interest, sales region, etc). It's crucial that the card scanning app we use allow any arbitrary contact or company property to be filled/edited.

THendrixson
Miembro

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO ADD ADDRESSES IN BUSINESS CARD SCANNER????? SINCE 2018? REALLY?

Inagreat
Miembro

Yes, we really need this! Especially because the phone number defaults to the mobile number for some reason when it should just be the plain phone number and many cards have their address on them but we still have to go type that in manually. It makes no sense! Great feature, but it really needs some work to be truly usable.

KGama
Miembro

Hello, 

I agree, Adress of the company and country is a must for us when scanning business card. We work with clients from all over the world and having to type complicated adress in several languages making mistake is not very efficient. 

We would also need to have in addition of mobile phone number the phone number (in business card we have most of the time office and mobile phone). 

kellybw
Miembro

It has been over 3 years. What the **bleep** are we doing, HubSpot? More and more it feels like these community boards are here just to give the idea that you all will do anything. 

SBradt
Participante
Amen! What is the point of these message boards if they generate ZERO action or even reaction (beyond the reaction from customers that they are getting super frustrated)?
JdeRocquigny
Colaborador

This app definately has potential.  It needs to capture the address and company name for sure.

Additionally the company account should have the option to set a few fields to be filled with every scan.  this way we can customize the app to match our field labels.  Ie I would like to add lead Source and Lead Source details so that when our reps are at tradeshows, they can fill in Lead source: Tradeshow Lead source details: Expo_XQZ_2022.

Additionally, given a picture of the card is being taken, the picture of the actual business card should be added as an attachment on the lead record. 

Guide4Senior
Miembro

Address and company name are considered required fields in a business card. We would really love to be included in default fields. These are nessary fields for a national sales rep that needs to keep track of where a lead is located.  Please make this a priority for updates in 2023

SBradt
Participante

This started in 2018. Since that time there has been exactly ONE response from hubspot, in March 2020, over 2 1/2 YEARS AGO where they say this will be a part of the next update. nothing at all since then. This does not even remotely approach qualifying as customer service. I am so tired of companies who have community forums like this that just end up as gripe-fests for users but never get any response from the company.