HubSpot Ideas

DMA

Business Card Scanner - automate address fill

It would be a nice feature to allow the customization of the default six fields that the business card scan feature ask (Full name, job title, email, company, Phone, Website) and allow to decide which fields are showed after scan.

For instance the street address, city, country and so on.

79 Comentários
fregini
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

We have a set of required fields when contact is created through the web UI. We would need to have those required fields included in the process of creating a contact via business cards scanner. 

RichardBEI
Membro

Agreed! We deal with large companies with multiple business units, and therefore can't rely on "related company" for this information.

Swiss-Biotech
Participante

Indeed, we too would need more import functionality & customization. See my question and hubspot's answer on the not yet useful mobile app business card scanner tool.

Jan2
Participante

Hi @mozkul ,

I am not sure why my idea was moved here.
This idea asks for adding a "company" and "address" field to the scanner.

My idea asks for selecting which fields I want to add ("first name" and "last name") and remove some of the pre-existing ("full name").

They are related, but not at all the same.

MThien
Membro

Address and company name are fundamental fields that all CRM tools need for effective management of a contact. This is crazy that v1 of the app didn't have it, much less the updates. How many upvotes are necessary to green flag this design feature? 

kellybw
Membro

YES! This makes our sales guys lives so much easier. ever other "business card scanner" does this, I am not sure why such a basic function would be left out by HubSpot.

kellybw
Membro

SERIOUSLY!! The fact his was not discussed during beta and after subsequent updates.

samglenn
Top colaborador(a)

YES! This is critical for us. We work with companies who have several branches and it's vital that we know who is at which branch for service and prospecting. Definitely hurting the efficiency of the business card scanner

samglenn
Top colaborador(a)

Yes a thousand times over. We work with banks that have several branches and we need to know for service and prospecting who is where. The lack of this feature is hurting the efficiency and usage of the business card scanner with our sales reps. 

ogould
Membro

Absolutely upvoting this. The company's address is one of the most important fields to be added for a company, so this is a huge request from my users.

wlynch8829
Membro

Absolutely, this is a key feature that should be added.  Not sure what the techical limitations are, but it has to be done by hand otherwise!

Thanks!!

jcymclean
Membro

Hubspot is amazing - but, come on!!! How is the address field not a thing!!!!

rpiola
Participante

I noticed that the business card scanner takes a single phone number (the mobile) from the card. However, business cards often contains a mobile number, an office number and a fax numer. it would be useful to collect all of them.

sk0si
Colaborador(a)

Company name is a key information which is available on each card - it's a big pain to add it manually. 

Our dataquality suffers due to incomplete company name. When do you think about implementing that low hanging fruit?

Status atualizado para: In Planning
vishnu
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey everyone - I wanted to drop an update here to let everyone know that we are currently planning to support addresses and other properties in the next update to Business Card Scanner on iOS and Android.

One question for the folks here - what other properties do you want the business card scanner to pick-up?

We're listening 👂🏽

chadwicksDIO
Membro

It would be nice to add fields or at least have the address as a options, basic info that typlically comes on a business card.

sk0si
Colaborador(a)

Hi @vishnu 

Cool that you push the business card scanner to the next level. 

Must-have from my point of view: 

• company name
  • company address (street, postalcode, city, country) 

Nice-to-have from my point of view (not importing information, but giving the possibility to save important information at the moment you're in touch with that contact): 

• Persona 
  • industry
  • custom property fields*

* imagine you could define a property like "follow-up" straight in the business card scanner when you import a person. you could say "make a meeting" and trigger that by a workflow to automatically send a after-meeting-mail. That way you don't have to open the imported contact and think again about "what should I do with that contact", because a workflow already is doing that job for you. 

Do you already have an estimation when the update might be ready? We're thinking about searching for alternative card scanner (& workarounds).

chadwicksDIO
Membro

Lead status also ight be good

ibenic
Membro

You could also add a possibility to save the scanned business card as an attachment to a certain contact..

Alongside with country, company name etc.

AdamJP
Membro

Many scanning apps aren't so hot at putting data in the right fields (or any fields). We created a free integration called ScanContacts for HubSpot that properly separates all data, including different phone numbers. You scan your cards and it verifies the address and separates the data into name, various address fields (street, city, state, etc.), phone numbers, URL, etc. Then you can upload the contacts to HubSpot. It's on the HubSpot App Marketplace. I hope this helps. Smiley feliz