HubSpot Ideas

TJ_Price

Business Card Scanner - Save Photo of Scanned Card

It would be great for the scanned photo of the card to be saved as a note or something on the contact's record so that one can always look back at the scan to see whether any information was inputted incorrectly or not. 

Having tried out the scanner a few times, it often will get some things just slightly off, like a letter or more wrong - so the ability to look back at the scan to confirm its accuracy would be of great benefit.

30 Replies
pottmi
Participant

Please implement this feature.  it allows me to not worry so much about the initial scan and I can come back and verify that the data was entered properly later.

jchookazian

This would be a great feature! We won't have to hang onto cards for years if a photo of the card is saved with the contact record. 

vwarheit

TOTALLY agree with this. Crazy that it doesn't do this!

jorgeloyo

YES!! Notes and history of interactions and meetings are great. However, the looking at the actual business card sometimes triggers a memory about the individual and it's easier to recall things. Speciually when you are at a networking event and you meet a lot of people at the same time.

This would be a great addition.

KAVITADAWSON

This would be a huge help. We are currently using another card scanning app that does load a photo of the card so it can be done!

dustinmcmillan

Yes, I completely agree! I "assumed" this was the case and scanned in 29 people that I connected with at a trade show and did not confirm each and every contact's information was accurate before giving the cards to an associate in another state.  

The app allowed me to view the card when scanning and now, even in the app the scanned card is gone...

Nishat
Participant

Please add this feature, it would be very useful for all the reasons that have been mentioned by previous posters.

AdamJP

That function's been added. As far as accuracy, it's down to the OCR being used, and it depends how much the developer's put into fine-tuning it. Good OCR has intelligent functions for better character recognition. ScanContacts for HubSpot gets around 99.9% accuracy for 16 languages (yes, I work for the company that makes it). So you almost never have to clean it up, and the data's automatically put in the right fields. You can also attach the card image for good measure. The app's on the HubSpot App Marketplace. I hope this helps. Smiley Happy

DLoch

At an event it is to hard to double check the data is read correct so if the picture was saved one of my team back at the office can double check the entry.

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

Yes please

KAcer
Contributor

Agree completely. Previously I used CamCard which was a $5 app and it did capture images. Very helpful!

KErny

please implement this feature 

HFitzgerald

I totally agree that this should be implemented. Looking at the actual business card often helps with recall of meeting them. Also, sometimes, you scrawl something onto the card there and then. 

GBease

Do it 

SHarding

YES! Please implement this feature asap. For all the same reasons as others have mentioned. Thanks!

pottmi
Participant

AdamJP's comment says the feature was added.  I just tested and the card image was NOT added as an attachment to the contact.    The app seems to allow adding the image to the phone's gallery, but that is not even close 2nd to just adding it as an attachment.

NSharp

Would like to see a clear place in the contact on Hubspot with a image of the scanned card. 

MMoizard

Please add this feature! last week I used the scann to add contact and I realize now that some of the implements are wrong. It would have been great to have the possibility to double check with the picture in a note or so 😞

ADeer

I totally agree with the need for a way to double-check the accuracy of scanned business cards. I've had the same issue before - you think you've got everything down perfectly. Then when you go back to look at the contact information, you realize there's a typo or two. It's such a bummer!I've been using an OCR tool lately, which has been a total game-changer. Smart Engines OCR is specifically designed to recognize text and numbers on scanned documents, like business cards. The best part is that it saves the scanned photo and the extracted information, so you can always refer back to the original scan if needed.

DVerdyck
Participant

This would be a great addition to this feature