HubSpot Ideas

jonvpeters

BulkMail - Staggered email delivery for corporations

We send out a weekly email with free content to our contacts. This has been a huge marketing tool for us. Most of our customers are large multinational organizations. Deliverability rates with hubspot have improved dramatically over our previous provider, but...

A problem that we have run into, and it seems to be getting worse, is that the organizations flag email if there are a number of them going into the company at the same time. They get flagged as bulk and are not allowed through. These people signed up, but cannot get the email. It's a huge issue for B to B. 

It seems like it would be a trivial thing for hubspot to have a staggered option that looks at the receiving addresses and adds a slight delay to the sending of those that have the same domain address so that they don't get caught in the bulkmail filter. Frankly I don't care if people in a company get the email an hour apart from each other, mosre important that they get it at all. 

17 Comentarios
kristen_sb
Colaborador

Yes! This is a common feature that should be part of an enterprise-grade marketing automation platform. Outside of Pardot, the other major vendors have offered this for years. Please add this, it is critical to people who send multiple messages to a single domain. 

jonvpeters
Miembro

Thanks Kristen. Hoping someone reads this. We get killed by the enterprise spam filters. We have huge companies that subscribe to our emails, but they don't get through because of bulk filters. Considering moving our email to another service to get past this.

kristen_sb
Colaborador

You bet, I fully support this. I was very surprised to find out this feature was not supported. Although I find little features everyday since we purchased HubSpot a few months ago that seem to support the notion that HubSpot is very much focused on SMB. I would think if technology like HubSpot don't offer the option to force email staggering they would do it automatically as a best practice. 

cschin
Miembro

Although this was posted two years ago, it's still a good idea.  I've had this option with my other providers and am frankly suprised it's not an option with HubSpot. However, it sounds like people need to speak up to support this before HubSpot will get on board.

DougDavidoff
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

It's called email throttling.  I'd check out Seventh Sense (www.theseventhsense.com).  They’re a HubSpot App Partner they not only throttle, but the timing of the email is also based on the email engagement behavior of the recipient so it optimizes the delivery to when the recipient is most likely to engage with an email. We've used them for years and we not only don't have to worry about the problem you share here, but our engagement & impact rates have also jumped!

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

HubSpot has built-in send time optimization for HubSpot Sales One-to-One email - see image.

HubSpot Built-In Best Times To Send TechnologyHubSpot Built-In Best Times To Send Technology

- see Schedule a one-to-one email from the CRM - How does HubSpot determine the best time...?

We also like Seventh Sense for their advanced Sales One-to-One email AND Marketing One-to-Many email send time optimization. Seventh Sense use AI and machine learning to increase deliverability. The more email we send, the smarter it gets. And their email throttling functionality allows us to pause campaigns, make changes and spread the load on our systems (and salespeople) -- i.e., without the need for send-time A/B testing.

- see [VIDEO (2 mins)] Seventh Sense - Intelligent Email for HubSpot
- see Finding the Best Time to Send Email with Seventh Sense

vdecker
Participante

How is this not a feature yet? I think almost every other platform I have used offers this. Would also be nice to send whe a contact is most likely to open/click an email as well.

CatChan
Miembro

Does anyone have the contact info at Seventh Sense?   I used this email  info@seventhsense.ai, but it bounced back. 

Is there other provider that is similar to Seventh Sense?

Wondering when Hubspot will have this bulk email with staggering sends functionality feature.  

MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

Never saw that email address before, but here's a link to their main SeventhSense page and their contact page. Hope that helps.

RussPetersonJr
Miembro

I see people have been requesting this for years now. I certainly hope throttling gets added soon. It should be an option! @jonvpeters  we have teh same issue as you. We sell to very large companies who want our content and we have many of their employees sign up for receiving it... but then when we send out an email it just gets blocked.

The extended problem goes WAY BEYOND just that email. We've noticed now with two of our (Fortune 500) customers that our business contacts (who are purchasing our services) are NOT receiving our emails from our sales, service and ops teams!  In other words, the emails got blocked and their internal mail servers now see our domain as spammer!

It is frustrating!

KRobinette
Miembro

We have a very small sales team, but a massive contact list. Anytime we want to deploy some kind of demo request or something along those lines, we have to manually segment out our email deployments to ensure our internal teams aren't inundated with requests that they then cannot manage. 

Beyond spam concerns, etc. I am floored that we are still having to inefficiently deploy emails in this way. Especially since, as many have already noted here, this has been available in other email marketing tools for years. 

The other thing that would be brilliant to add - the capability to CC and/or BCC our internal teams into emails. 

fvigeant
Participante

Marketo is working on this functionality, they said its an issue for their customers with large contact lists. 

bsm007
Colaborador líder

Throttling is very much needed. Definitely want this.

afu
Participante

Another vote. We need this. We're clearly being told by Yahoo/Verizon that our send volumes need to be dispersed to avoid the 20% degradation in our delivery rate due these soft bounces.

CapnKorb
Participante

We're starting up a new transactional instance to send important event notifications to our guests, but not having this capability to stagger sends has made sending extremely difficult as it's getting blocked by thousands of contacts.

Hubspot needs to add this to be with the times before this becomes an enormous problem for others as well.

HSongue
Miembro

This is exactly a must have feature in the tool, really need to be able to stagger deliverability.  

I have a very unbalanced records numbers depening on list and countries. This has affected one provider who restricted our deliverability , and now we have had to try and stagger emails in order to improve our IP.

RHorton-Ortho
Participante

Ditto!!!