HubSpot Ideas

keriestewart

Bulk unenroll from sequence?

Is it possible to bulk un-enroll a group of contacts from a sequence? 

30 Replies
BSchwartz

I am wondering the same thing. I can't find any information about this feature.

JH21

Yes, this would be very helpful. It really doesn't make sense that you can bulk enroll in a sequence, but can't bulk unenroll... BIG YES vote from me. 

SimonRevDeBug

Please add that option. One mistake costs me 1-2 hours of fixing only due to lack of this feature.

OliviaRoberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @keriestewart @SimonRevDeBug @JH21 and @BSchwartz

At this time it is not currently possible to bulk unenroll contacts from a Sequence. I would recommend posting this request on our HubSpot Ideas Forum here, if this is a feature you would like to be implemented!

Best, 

Olivia

Hannuste

Having the same issue. Only workaround seems to be manual unenrol or delete an entire sequence (not really a wrokaround)

Celine1

I'm having the same issue - it would be great if there was an option to bulk select and carry out an action on the SEQUENCE > SCHEDULED page where you can make changes in bulk like, unenroll or change the date. It's very frustrating to have to do this mannually, especially if you have a big sequence in play. 

mallory_gsp
Contributor

This is a super necessacery feature, especially in cases where a rapid change in messaging is required as my company is now finding ourselves in the case of the coronavirus. Right now we've got folks enrolled in sequences that could be considered inappropriate if they're recieved and spending time unenrolling thousands of contacts individually isn't a great use of my team's time. 

Kressie
Participant

Agreed! Our clients think our sequence messages are inappropriate due to the COVID-19 virus causing business closures, and I'm not seeing a way to bulk unenroll them. This is crucial right now - please implement this feature!

JudahOME
Participant

Needs to be added. 

chrisbreikss
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Same problem here

aginity

This really needs to be a feature that is added to the platform.  There are several ways to tackle it from a product and engineering perspective, but there isn't even an easy workaround right now within the platform.  You have to click on every single contact and then unenroll them from the sequences.  This is super annoying and I've clocked that it takes me about an hour to unenroll 120 contacts, that's 30 seconds per contact to unenroll.  Let me suggest the product team do the math on this to see just how much value it would provide to all of us in this thread.  Please investigate and keep us updated on when we can expect to see this or provide a good explanation as to why it can't be done.  Thanks!

rohank

I ran into the same problem, where I made a small error in the email. The best workaround I have used for this is to delete the sequence. However, in order to not have to recreate the sequence, I clone the sequence before deleting the original one. That way you can make the necessary edits without having to recreate everything.

grahamfcr
Participant

I'm not sure if this would work but if you created a contact automation flow. Set the trigger to whatever action you would like to occur that you want the contact to be removed from the sequence. Then set the subsription status to opted out 1:1. 

It is my understanding that you can opt them back in as long as they didnt opt out themselves, but i'm not sure on this and have not tested the above logic.

craigarector
Participant

Also should be able to filter/sort by the account/company name. We have a situation where there are multiple companies our reps are enrolling into sequences. But we recently had a situation where the top decision makers all responded and set a meeting, so we wanted to unenroll all other contacts from that company (so we wouldn't look stupid continue to email others after getting the meeting with their bosses!!). So finding all the contacts at the companies...and then having to MANUALLY unenroll each...it wasn't fun. Shows a glaring problem that should be a priority, and easy, for Hubspot to fix. So please fix!

hchristian
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting and commenting on behalf of a customer. I agree there should be an option to bulk unenroll contacts from a sequence instead of manually unenrolling them

silveryf
HubSpot Employee
leylmaster

This is SO NEEDED. We enroll our realtor leads in a lead nurture series, but sometimes we need to unenroll people from the sequence because they're enterprise deals.

Teami

We still desperately need this feature. It's very cumbersome having to unenroll these manually.

THodges

How is this not a thing?

Teami

Same sentiments... Also, enrol more than 50 contacts at once.