HubSpot Ideas

steinarslatten

Bulk enrollment to sequences: enable stagger/throttle to e-mail sends

When bulk enrolling 40-50 new contacts to a sequence which starts with an e-mail, the built-in stagger between each e-mail send is 30 seconds (according to this article).

However, it would be great to either 

1) be able to edit the stagger time from 30 seconds to another interval (like 5 or 10 minutes) or

2) have a "smart throttle"-feature which throttles the e-mail sends throughout the day and matches it with the existing "smart send times" already in place. 

Ideally, if I add 40 new contacts, the sequence should e-mail them with a 5-10 minute interval within the best send times. 

I've seen multiple other requests for stagger/throttle functionality for e-mail, but none directly adressing it in the context of sequence bulk enrollment. One could also call it a "enrollment throttle" rather than an "email throttle" if that is easier to implement, where you simply delay/throttle/stagger each enrollment in the sequence itself, rather than adjust the actual e-mail sends. 

9 Replies
lukecro
Participant

Yeah, I have a suspicion some of the suspect-activity / possible-spam-activity flags and account-suspensions we've been getting on sales' reps Google accounts are related to bulk sequences generating a lot of emails in a very short span of time, as the problems we've run into are often after a sequence goes out where batches of contacts were added to a sequence at the same time.

Being able to lengthen the stagger time between emails would be great, to test to see if it helps reduce those instances of activity being incorrectly flagged as suspect. 

Smiller8218

we also need the ability to stagger sends as the sequences are getting our email accounts in gmail

EAldridge
Participant

This is much needed. It should be a setting in the sequence set-up to say "send max # per minute" or something. There are rules for email providers and large sequences have already gotten one of our users' accounts blocked in Outlook and we are only a week into using the platform. 

JEpner
Participant

Absolutely.  This is a feature in other CRM / email platforms, and I was actually sent here but a HubSpot rep to ask for this feature.  Was going to create a new topic, but here's an upvote and some written support.

andrew_thomas
Participant

This is super important for email deliverability. It would also be interesting to be able to confirgure this for each sending address/connected inbox. 

scotta9108

This is super important for email deliverability.

riipenadmin
Participant

Definitely needed.  Our email provider can send a max of 50/emails per account every hour.  At present the only solution is to have a 9am sequence, 10am sequence, 11am sequence.  This worked in testing but there's no way i'm going to ask my sales reps to do that.

REllor

This is really important in terms of email deliverability. If Hubspot wants Sales Hub to be able to compete with competitors in the Sales Enablement space, this is a must because they all include this feature.  

Jcabo80

This is a must for us. We are not able to use the Email/Sequences at Hubspot. We need the throttle functionality. 

As anyone found a way to circumvent this limitation by throttling/staggering the inclusion into a Sequence?