HubSpot Ideas

allyg

Bulk-editing multiple checkbox properties

When using properties to track activity that we need to report on, e.g., event registrations or product adoption, it would be very helpful to be able to bulk edit multi-checkbox properties by appending values rather than replacing them. Currently the only way to do this appears to be with a workflow or new import, but we are often updating properties directly in the CRM and hate to risk undoing work/data that has been compiled over time. 

47 Comentarios
Cnadler
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Yes please

danielrnorris
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

I see this has actually been solved and you can now bulk Append multi select checklists in the Saved Views. Though for some reason we are still unable to do it in lists. Though very grateful to not need Workflows for this basic action anymore. Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 9.37.27 AM.png

amsteiner
Participante

+1 -- there are two ways I've tried to one-click edit multiple checkboxes:

Via contacts -- works, but I can't input a list of emails (the filter doesn't recognize the semicolons in the "exact" field) (so, you know, doesn't really work in the way I need it to for my current case)

Via list -- overwrites, as many have pointed out here. 

My use case: Tracking attendees of a regular event series. I created custom properties to track those who register, register+attend, and register+don't attend -- as I'm backfilling this data, well, I ended up here. Please resolve!!

SuhanaChooli
Miembro

What has worked for me to add a value (to a property that has checkboxes) via import: 

Say you have a property, type: checkboxes. Those checkboxes are for eg. Event 1, Event 2, Event 3 etc. 

Now you have a list of peoplewho have attended Event 3 - and some of them may have gone to Event 1 or Event 2 in the past (and that is already in their HS record). You only want to add the value Event 3 to their existing record. The way to import that info without replacing the existing values is by adding a semi colon BEFORE Event 3 in your file (see below). When uploading your file, don't override the existing value for that particular property. 

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 13.15.06.png

NB: the name of the event should exist in your property label. So make sure to add that label in your property before importing. 

Hope that helps!!!

VOckwell
Participante

Please, please please, can you set the default selected radio button to 'Append to existing' for bulk updating of multiple checkbox properties?

This would make more sense than currently. The number of times I have overwritten valuable data because I've forgotten to unclick the selected 'Replace current calues(s)' radio button which is set as the current default.

DvonDrathen
Miembro

Unfortunately, the way that SuhanaChooli described, didn't work for me. 
But creating a VIEW, then bulk editing with the option "Append to current" values definitely worked. 🙂 
Thanks! 

Laura_Cm
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Oh my gosh, I just realized that a bulk edit of a multiple checkbox property through a contact list OVERWRITES a previous values 😲😵 I supposed that the new values are added. So HubSpot, we definietly need an update here, e.g. with the option to select if you want to add the new values or overwrite the previous ones, as mentioned by @annieseattle