HubSpot Ideas

Aleksandrs

Bulk edit Parent - Child companies

Would love to have the option to bulk assign multiple child companies to one parent company.

A good example would be a hotel chain with the main head office and many subsidiaries.

33 Replies
rvzello
Contributor

Would be very useful indeed when the parent has numerous child companies.

joepod700
Contributor

We deal with many chain businesses, many with locations in the hundreds.  Hubspot really needs a way to give bulk child/parent assignments.

buddychin

+1

i have a similar use case as joepod. we work with large corporations that have thousands of retail locations and having to individually link each location account to the corporate account will ultimately prevent me from picking hubspot as my companies CRM. somewhat surprised this is a blocker. 

based on a quick search, this is a very needed feature. 

TomHodge
Participant

This would be a hugely beneficial feature to me.

To support Aleksandrs example, I work with hotel groups and am currently having to manually assign hotels as children of hotel groups and management companies. Some groups have hundreds (even in to the thousands) of hotels under their umberella.

Being able to bulk assign would save me days of work in the future!

sditto

Same. This would come in handy for me today, even!

joepod700
Contributor

Just wondering, has any progress or discussion to move forward on this feature been discussed by the HubSpot development team?

KushankPoddar

Yes, I wanted to do the same and would love to have a feature like this!

LordTravis
Participant

Yes, please! We work with school districts with common domains so this is imperative to our business model. It takes so much in terms of time and resources for us to brute force our way through this problem since I can't select 225 schools and house them under Houston ISD or something, and they all have the same domain name so it really wrecks everything.

AKeyworth

we deal with third party companies working with different customers so its important that we have a way of linking the accounts to see how they are connectec

BWimberley

Yes please!

KWilkinson

Yes! We work with management companies that have multiple communities under them and it's important to have them associated. If we could associate them with an import or a bulk property update, that would save us hours of manual entry.

TMcElea

Similar issues with this but we decided to unrelate these companies, a large undertaking as a maual process. 

Lee86
Participant | Partner

Yes!!! we have the same issue  -

Our clients manage thier own clients, we wish to keep this infomration but adding parent account manual is a nightmare

Ryan_Christie
Participant

Agree much needed. Our community services sector also has sizable parent/child relationships. Individually setting this manually is simply too big a job.

Will help significantly when cleaning up data also. 

JHouse

Keen to know if any HubSport tech support read these posts as there haven't been any replies.

I recently bulk uploaded ~1500 new companies and attempted to associate them all with a parent company the manual way. This took me nearly one hour and then HS stopped responding and the action didn't complete.

Must be a simple back-end fix as the bulk edit function is available for other properties (bulk assign etc)

Lilliput00
Participant

Yes please

aislync
Participant

Much needed. We work with schools and districts where there can be hundreds of child companies that need to be assigned to one company.

JennieB

Agree with all of the above! This is a huge need!

ndeseyssel

Need this ! 

JOakley
Contributor

Yes please, very much needed!  Any change we can get someone to look at this please?