HubSpot Ideas

nggenova

Bulk delete custom objects

I would like the ability to bulk delete custom objects the same way bulk deleting contacts works. Sometimes ideas or priorities change and some objects may need removed. Or, the limit of custom objects is reached and purchasing more may or may not be in the plans. 

Thank you.

Nick Genova

4 Replies
tominal
Guide | Partner

I would love this implemented.

Currently, the process of deleting custom objects is select the page, delete, then refresh. There is a delay until the next 100 will load onto the first page, so add a few more refreshes into that process. This gets incredibly frustrating when we are testing data migrations.

I am not sure what the purge endpoint does in the API documentation (/crm/v3/schemas/{objectType}/purge), but it does not work. I get this error:

{
    "status": "error",
    "message": "Unable to infer object type from: ObjectName",
    "correlationId": "7515ebcb-7b7f-4cd6-b378-6e8d848782f4"
}

I have tried using the official ID of the object and different variations of the object name with that request.

I don't understand why bulk delete is "temporarily limited".

gswahhab
Member | Diamond Partner

It's honestly shocking that this simple feature is not yet implemented or even went to market without it. 

JeffBantz
Contributor

This is a must-have 😞

As much as I love HubSpot, I'm starting to grow a little frustrated with the lack of interaction with the Ideas board.

This has to be a very simple fix on their side to remove the "temporary" block on the feature.

DGirma
Participant

Baffled that this was not implemented at roll out, and even more baffled it hasnt been added as of yet. Its super frustrating having to delete 100 at a time