HubSpot Ideas

mrspabs

Bulk create properties

It would be great to be able to create properties in bulk or via CSV upload. 

Mises à jour HubSpot
July 25, 2023 01:47 PM

Hi all, Alex on the import/export team here.

My team is thinking through solutions that might make it easier to create properties via import. Reading through the replies, it seems like there are a couple different things at play here. I have them ranked below. 

1. Creating properties one by one is difficult and time consuming --> I'm curious how often you need to create properties in bulk? Is it just during initial setup, or is this happening on a recurring basis?
  2. Loading all the options/values for dropdown select and multi-checkbox properties is a pain --> how valuable would it be if we allowed values from a spreadsheet to be loaded in as options in one of these properties types? Is creating these property values for these property types the most cumbersome part of creating new properties?
  3. Choosing the correct property configurations is repetitive --> if we could take smart guesses at what specific configurations should be (such as property group, property type, validation rules, etc.), would that be a major time savings?

Is the above ranking correct? Any responses to the questions I have on each? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

23 Commentaires
QJohnson
Membre | Partenaire solutions Elite

There should be a way that marketers can bulk upload new custom properties fields via CSV rather than having to create 300+ custom properties due to migrating from another service provider. 

asweetgem
Participant

Thanks for adding this idea. This is a useful feature as we customize the CRM to our needs.

We need to create multiple custom properties in both the development and production environment and takes quite a bit of time to do it individually.

Adam_D
Membre

Hi there, 

this would be extremely useful. I just spent almost 2 hrs creating very similar properties one by one...

TimJohnson
Membre

Yes, this would be a big time saver. I didn't realise I couldn't just update the properties themselves...

SThomas5
Participant

Please make this happen!  Thanks!

davidon
Membre

Yes, it's surprising that developers need to duplicately create the custom properties in both dev and product environment

BFerguson
Participant

Any time we can upload bulk data would be very helpful. I manage multiple locations and spend a lot of time updating.

Hubspot has the functionality already, please carry it across all possible areas of the CRM.

LWarren5
Participant

I bulk build properties monthly. It's a painstakingly slow process. This months' bulk build is 100 properties all with the same setting i.e. contact information / number / currency

I then have 25 to build for customer information / number 

Every month i sit there thinking there has to be a smarter way! 

I already create my Property Titles in Excel then Import to trigger the process but it would be soooooo good if I could just bulk select the settings and let it run!!

I'd love to know if this becomes a possibility. Thanks

KGeddes
Contributeur

We have over 200 values that we need added in to HubSpot to even get live in HubSpot to automate our emails. Being able to load these through an excel file would save a ton of time, instead of manually having to update these, without using our data team, but instead keeping it within our marketing team.

Rongen
Contributeur

Dear Hubspot team, we need this feature. Pls update us once available in the system. Thanks.

Doc2DocLending
Participant

At the least, making this easier to do in the UI would be better, for instance a "Save and Create Another" button. As it stands right now the UI is actively hostile, it will scroll to the bottom of the page after creation as well as doesn't allow keyboard nacigation into the fields.

EFinlayson
Membre

While integrating ZoomInfo with Hubspot, I have to create about 100 custom properties in Hubspot combined between customer and company to enable import of data between the systems for comparison without overwriting Hubspot information.

Please provide a method to create these in-bulk via a template.

RafaelCm
Participant | Partenaire solutions Platinum

How is this not custom yet? We need this!

DelphineTWSE
Participant

You can use Portal Replicator (https://www.leadsruptive.com/replicator-for-hubspot) to clone existing builds in their entirety but it's not the same as an Hubspot equivalent to Salesforce's Object creator (https://object-creator.salesforce.com) or Field Creator (https://fieldcreator.herokuapp.com) for example. 

K_Xavier
Participant

I need the same properties in Deals and custom objects. I am currently manually cloning over 200 properties - one by one....

Please bring this solution!! 

NeroPN7
Membre

You guys can use a sheet and Zapier or any server, or postman to bulk create/update properties: 

https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/properties

get your property info in a sheet e.g. and use Zapiers loop to loop through the sheet and for each row create a property. 

agirard
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi all, Alex on the import/export team here.

My team is thinking through solutions that might make it easier to create properties via import. Reading through the replies, it seems like there are a couple different things at play here. I have them ranked below. 

1. Creating properties one by one is difficult and time consuming --> I'm curious how often you need to create properties in bulk? Is it just during initial setup, or is this happening on a recurring basis?
  2. Loading all the options/values for dropdown select and multi-checkbox properties is a pain --> how valuable would it be if we allowed values from a spreadsheet to be loaded in as options in one of these properties types? Is creating these property values for these property types the most cumbersome part of creating new properties?
  3. Choosing the correct property configurations is repetitive --> if we could take smart guesses at what specific configurations should be (such as property group, property type, validation rules, etc.), would that be a major time savings?

Is the above ranking correct? Any responses to the questions I have on each? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

JGrowcott

@agirard This would be really valuable - definitely at initial implementation, but also for when we create custom objects to house data previously held in standard objects and we need to move custom property data across with it. From my perspective, I would agree with your ranking order.

LWarren5
Participant
Hi,
My use case was for marketing purposes.
On a monthly basis:

* I wanted to be able to email a client with personalised information for each deal they had with us. The deal would have new information each month so I'd re-create 3 properties per deal per month, but some clients have 10+ deals so in order to create information I'd use for personalisation tokens I'd create:
* Month a_Deal 1_Propery One
* Month a_Deal 1_Propery Two
* Month a_Deal 1_Propery Three
* Month a_Deal 1_Propery Four

Then I'd repeat all of the above to accommodate the information across 10 deals - so 40 properties

* All properties would be in the same category i.e. Deal Activity,
* All properties would be the same format i.e. Currency
Once I had created the properties, I would then import the information. So most often I'd use the import and create while importing.
It would have been so much easier to just create columns on a spreadsheet to specify the Property Group / Format / Name and then batch create them. Then I could just import and map across.
On an annual basis I wanted to follow a similar activity but it would be maybe 50 properties per deal. We decided not to proceed.
It ended up that this was becoming too cumbersome and we abandoned this approach entirely but it's something that I would like to be able to do again if it became more efficient for us to do.
I should mention that this process was being undertaken as a work around because within the marketing tool if you want to personalise a message there is currently no way to specify which deal you want to refer to. So I wanted to specify for my marketing email that the personalisation tokens should be take from Contact A - Deal 3 and have us be able to bring in the tokens from that particular deal, but that functionality isn't available and many of my clients have multiple deals.

I hope that insight helps.

QJohnson

@agirard - I booked time with you. 

1. Creating properties one by one is difficult and time consuming --> I'm curious how often you need to create properties in bulk? Is it just during initial setup, or is this happening on a recurring basis? -- This is needed on platform migrations or tech integration. It's happened frequently enough that it is been identified as a pain by the team. 
  2. Loading all the options/values for dropdown select and multi-checkbox properties is a pain --> how valuable would it be if we allowed values from a spreadsheet to be loaded in as options in one of these properties types? Is creating these property values for these property types the most cumbersome part of creating new properties? This would be super valuable! 
  3. Choosing the correct property configurations is repetitive --> if we could take smart guesses at what specific configurations should be (such as property group, property type, validation rules, etc.), would that be a major time savings? Yes