HubSpot Ideas

SecureWorld

Bulk add and delete blog topics.

We somehow have a list of 3,700 blog topics, and need to reduce that to about 50 total. Currently this must be done with a series of clicks one at a time, which will take forever. There needs to be a bulk delete option, in which you can select multiple topics/tags and then delete them all at once.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
April 13, 2020 11:24 AM

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and examples. I agree, we need to be able to do more to manage tags.

Currently, you can "select all" using the checkbox when viewing Tags, and "Combine" or "Delete". Not ideal for many reasons, not least of which being that you can only "select all" on a single page (which might not truly be "all" of your Tags), but I want to mention this here in case anyone new looks at this post in the future and hasn't tried that yet. 

All that said, my team is currently doing research to learn more about how we can better support our customers in managing their content, this being one of the issues we're seeing. We haven't yet decided on a solution, but I want you to know that we're thinking of this and will consider the ideas you have shared here, including the options for importing and exporting tags. 

Please continue to share your feedback, it's immensely helpful to us as we plan for future updates. I'll be sure to update this idea post when I have an update to share (though it will probably take at least a few months to get there)!

- Snaedis 

7 Replies
mgoswick
Contributor

Instead of having to manually add each topic to blog posts, you should be able to copy/paste from a page using a set delineator to separate the topics (i.e. copy "topic1, topic2, topic3" and have each one show as a separate topic)

marksmithvr

This seems like an obvious add! Where we at HubSpot?

SecureWorld
Contributor

Not sure if mgoswick/roisinkirby was trying to answer my question or raise a new issue. I still need to know how to bulk delete blog topics. Thanks.

mgoswick
Contributor

I'm not sure why my suggestion was combined either. These points are related, but completely different functions. Although I may have a workaround for you @SecureWorld. In blog tool, there is a way to bulk combine topics in the topics management tool. Once those topics are combined, you can delete the single topic instead of deleting them one at a time. It's a roundabout way to do it, but it's faster than one at a time.

@roisinkirby, I'm not sure why these two topics were combined, as the original question was about adding functionality to the topics management tool, while mine was about the way topics are added to blogs....

leadingresults
Member | Gold Partner

I would go further in saying it has to be an export / Import function to make this work better.

Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and examples. I agree, we need to be able to do more to manage tags.

Currently, you can "select all" using the checkbox when viewing Tags, and "Combine" or "Delete". Not ideal for many reasons, not least of which being that you can only "select all" on a single page (which might not truly be "all" of your Tags), but I want to mention this here in case anyone new looks at this post in the future and hasn't tried that yet. 

All that said, my team is currently doing research to learn more about how we can better support our customers in managing their content, this being one of the issues we're seeing. We haven't yet decided on a solution, but I want you to know that we're thinking of this and will consider the ideas you have shared here, including the options for importing and exporting tags. 

Please continue to share your feedback, it's immensely helpful to us as we plan for future updates. I'll be sure to update this idea post when I have an update to share (though it will probably take at least a few months to get there)!

- Snaedis 

RBrown6

Hi, is there any update to this? I'm manually having to change each blog post's blog topic. it shouldn't be this difficult.