HubSpot Ideas

Jameel

Bulk actions in Conversations Inbox

When using the Inbox feature, each item must be opened individually. Multiple selections and batch actions are not available (example for closing batch emails or assigning in bulk) 

The individual action only results is an extremely tedious and time consuming and inefficient process for managing messages through hubspot. 

100 Replies
KimM
Top Contributor

Yes, its a painful process dealing with conversations after being away for a few days or even hours at time.

Would also be great to have a feature where it automatically moves on to the next conversation when you close one rather than having to click onto the next.

plandes

I can't really believe this request/idea is now open for more than one year and bulk deleting is not possible in conversations. This is really frustrating, since this sould be a basic feature, shouldn't it?

josephdeluca
Participant

I been dealing with this for sometime, I have over 7000 emails , I went on vaction and come back and was overwhelemed 

Not sure why the delevlpoers wouldn't include a bulk delete option, I dont think they would like to go trew each 7000 emails and delete one by one.

Anyone know if maybe there is a reset of your account to maybe get around this issue

Dirk_hurra_com

We have so many spam Emails in that email conversations. 
Please! 

josephdeluca
Participant

WOuld it be better to try a better community to figure out what is best to do with over 7000 emails and no way to bulk delete them

willysh
Participant

Did a search to find out how to do this and it comes up with a years old community request thread that's yet to be resolved. Why is this not possible? Why have Hubspot not responded?

HubSpot is quickly turning out to be more trouble than it's worth. 

bdv

I don't understand why you don't have this basic feature? You have soem amazing fetures and toosl so why ignore the basic ones?

josephdeluca
Participant

I found a way to solve the issue of the emails

willysh
Participant

Hey @josephdeluca, What did you do? Pay someone on Fiverr to do it for you?

josephdeluca
Participant

nope  i didnt pay anyone 

cs1

Still waiting on Hubspot to come up with this basic functionality. What a pain to go through EACH AND EVERY SINGLE EMAIL just to close everything out!!!

jimkring

Please prioritize this. It’s alsmost unusable for marketing email responses without it.

BryceCurry

Fully agree with all the comments here.  We have high volume running thru these inboxes and would like some (even basic) functionality found in an ESP.  I have coached my different teams to stay within HS and we are hitting furstration points when not able to do any bulk assignments, mark as closed or even forwarding.

KananiV
Participant

Yet another vote for this feature.

Jenni_h
Participant

The fact that this does not already exist is shocking. It is an essential feature, for several reasons; I find it difficult to support a transition to a new service provider who does not have a bulk select option.

Brownson

Hello Hubspot,

Have you found a solution to this issue?  The fact that a mass delete or reassign feature isn't available for the Inbox tab under the Conversations column seems a bit archaic to many users.  Can we get this feature updated in a timely manner?  

bulogyx
Contributor

I see no way on this page to "upvote" this idea. I'm only able to reply. So... I can't emphasize how important this is. Any shared inbox is going to get stuff that needs to be managed in bulk. I've had an inbox connected for one day and I need bulk for ALL actions: delete, mark closed, mark spam, block, and assign. It seems a no-brainer to make the inbox list like all other lists in hubspot with a checkbox down the left. Or at least allow mulitple message selections in the message list pane (2nd from left). Thank you.

bulogyx
Contributor

I can't emphasize how important this is. Any shared inbox is going to get stuff that needs to be managed in bulk. I've had an inbox connected for one day and I need bulk for ALL actions: delete, mark closed, mark spam, block, and assign. It seems a no-brainer to make the inbox list like all other lists in hubspot with a checkbox down the left. Or at least allow mulitple message selections in the message list pane (2nd from left). Thank you.

TechPatrolcomau

Hi All, head to this link: https://twitter.com/TechPatrol_AUS/status/1167216270317514752

I have tweeted the CEO, please add your frustrations to that feed as this hubspot community location clearly isn't working.

Thanks.

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks,

I want to apologize profusely for the lack of update on this issue from Hubspot’s end.  We dropped the ball on keeping the community aware of progress on this idea are are reviewing how to prevent that moving forward.  I specifically dropped the ball in setting a (really!) bad expectation around timelines earlier this year.

Our development team is currently working on Inbox bulk actions 

Being able to operate on multiple conversations at once is a key component in efficient communication management. It continues to be a high priority for us, but was delayed to focus heavily on reliability, and performance of our existing feature set.  We’re now refocused on critical enhancements like Bulk actions and will be delivering this feature soon.

Also - I’ll be updating this thread as soon as we have anything to share moving forward. If you have any questions please ask below and myself or team will try to address quickly!