HubSpot Ideas

Aprillava

Bulk Form Edit

It would be great if there could be a way developed to 'bulk edit' forms. For example, we recently had someone leave the company who was attached to many of our forms (and yes, there is a danger in adding a person vs. a distribution inbox - this was added prior to my team's arrival at the company) and now we have to go through each form to make edits, one-by-one. 

12 Replies
NinaKovari
Contributor

We have just had the same thing happen. We have close to 70 forms and I don't know which of those the former employee was included on, not to mention any workflow notifications he may have been added to. Going through all of these is an extremely tedious process. 

smetz
HubSpot Employee

Customer request: It would also be awesome to be able to bulk edit these options for all forms as well. Thanks Team!

1.png

ZNicholson24

wanting to bulk add Hidden Fields to each of our forms for data collection/reporting purposes, would be very helpful to be able to add in bulk as it is the same two fields with the same settings that I'll be needing to add one by one across 400 forms. 

thanks

MJaraAlonso

Hi! I would like to edit as well to block email providers as well. Thanks!

HPatel1

Agree with @ZNicholson24 I'm in the same scenario - wanting to bulk add hidden fields but having to go through them one by one manually is time-consuming and tedious.  It also makes finding these contacts in lists very tricky, as the form submission criteria is only built to select one form at a time. 

KHastings
HubSpot Employee

This would be a really helpful feature to have access to!

DJosten

We have a different, but very critical use-case, that currently breaks an important feature. And that is the "GDPR" setting. While you can centrally maintain the text, that users need to accept under the forms, any changes to it do NOT apply to all the existing forms. Why would you need a central maintenance, if it doesn't work?

So ideally that GDPR setting get automatically updated in all forms, except where manually overwritten. This bulk-edit here might be a workaround, although that would probably also overwrite the "special cases", so it is not ideal.

Another Use-Case is the update of the "blocked e-mails" field. As for that feature there is again no central maintenance, the bulk edit could help.

davidpan
Participant

As a potential solution for the HubSpot team, maybe it is to allow the creation of form templates that could be utilized by each form. When a template is updated, all the forms using that template will also update the form properties.

However the implementation, it is definitely a nuisance and also a potential quality control issue when we users have to go into each form to make sure all the form properties are consistent and set correctly. 

This would be a HUGE benefit add for marketing demand gen because we would be able to create consistent form fields that are specific to each persona and/or buying stage. If we somehow need to adjust the form properties due to strategic changes, it would not be such a difficult/onerous process. 

wadefitzgerald
Participant

Also - ability to block domains from being able to sign forms. So blocking them by their domain, which would also rremove them from analytics.

hollymchugh

We really need this bulk update feature to exclude our company domain when submitting forms as we do use this a lot to test out the form before it goes live. We have hundreds of forms and can't spend the time updating them one-by-one.

L_Hall

Please block the ability for form fills to overwrite a primary email address. We had an internal email go out to a client after our account manager filled out a form on the client's behalf. We fixed that particular form, but need to make the change globally so it doesn't happen again.

JStamm
Contributor

We decided to implement a new naming structure for our forms that would allow other processes to be more scalable. I exported all of our forms which included the Hubspot Object ID for each form. Renamed the forms in the spreadsheet and then realized I could not reimport the file to make the naming changes.... Bulk updates to forms for various reasons/purposes is very much needed.