HubSpot Ideas

Himation

Bulk Edit Associated Company Property

It should be possible to bulk edit the associated company property for multiple contacts. At the moment, you need to change this one-by-one, which is unnecessarily tedious.

37 Replies
GuillaumeSR

Il faudrait automatiser l'association d'un contact avec une entreprise avec la propriété nom de l'entreprise dans la fiche contact. Enorme perte de temps d'associer un à un un contact à une entreprise

yatishm
Top Contributor

Agreed - hope this is noticed and the feature is made available soon. Thank you

aruniyer
Participant

I agree with my friends above and this bulk edit feature should be made available. 

I found a different way to do it through (don't know if others are already using this approach):

1. Navigate to the Company Record you want contacts to be associated to :
  2. In the right hand pane, click on the add Contacts button
  3. In the “Add Existing Contact” search by <domain name of the company> or any other string search you want to use
  4. This will bring up the contacts matching the search
  5. Check the boxes on contacts which you want assigned to Companies
HannahS
Participant

Ideally this should be for all areas of HubSpot that have associations. Edited in the same way as bulk property edits.

I just cannot get the bulk association to work with the import feature for tickets. This means that I have to manually associate each ticket every time!

Very tedious, if this not a resolved it is a blocker to us porting over all of our support activities and upgrading to service hub.

catan
HubSpot Employee

This feature would be really useful for all object associations. 

For example, a feature that allows bulk editing of associations directly in HubSpot natively without having to use the import tool (similar to how bulk editing of Record properties works).

It would be so much easier if users could select all Records in a view, such as Tickets, and say "Edit > Company Associations".

TimBVeeya

YES, please add this feature for ALL Record associations and not jsut Contacts/Companies (e.g. Ticket/Company associations). 

gaynorw

I agree this is a fundamental issue which causes a lot of additional admin time. Please can this feature be developed.

mjelkana

The majority of our customers do not use an email domain that matches their company even though our work is almost entirely B2B. It would be amazing if we could bulk associate people to companies or even better, be able to change company association based on an automation. 

GaryTesta
Contributor

I fully agree, what is really baffling is that using the export function you can export the associated company ID and name, but you cannot important the associated company ID or name.   Hard to belive you simply can't import the company association.  This is such basic functionality...

annadiduenjoy

Looking forward 

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Hi, I know you can do this via import or API, but it would be nice to have it as an option on the contacts screen.

fborgosano
Participant

Hello folks,

it would be great to be able to to bulk deassociate companies from contacts. Many contacts' emails are not are not associated their company domain but to email and connectivity providers. For example, now I have 270 contacts associated to the "Jazz&Vento Festival", which in turn is associated with the tin.it domain (connectivity provider) but just because the art director's email ends in @Tin.it .

Now I think I'll try to solve by just erasing the company and creating it again but it would be great to have the "deassociate all" option, up on the right or in the edititing bar of the Contacts view that appears when you select a contact.

dbovs
Participant

aruniyer idea kinda worked, but doesn't work if you have 99+ contacts. 

I just want a simple method to bulk associate multiple contacts from one company to another company. Since the contacts from Company A, are now taking on the name of Company B, but many of the contacts in Company A still use use Company A's email domain. And I don't know their new email address and theri old email address still works since it gets forwarded via their internal email workflow. 

Looking at HubSpot's options to bulk update Company Association...one option is to export the contacts and then import them back in and associate to the new Company. This is a convulated method to make a simple update and I don't want to risk either messing up the contact's info or creating duplicate contacts. 

There should be an option to simply go into Company A (the company which the corporate name will no longer be used and I want to delete this Company A), view all contacts, click on all the contacts, then go into Edit and there should be a dropdown option to 'Associate to Company' with a drop down of all the Companies listed in my HubSpot universe, then just click and have the bulk update.

With all the mergers and acqusitions that occur on a daily basis, and many of the acquired company's name being sunsetted, this has to be a need for many HubSpot customers.

JPiessevaux

UP !!

EMerivirta

Please implement this! This is a very needed feature if your prospects have multiple locations but just one parent website & email domain.

MGan
HubSpot Employee

Commenting on behalf of a customer! They have 99+ companies and deals to disassociate manually and this is extremely time consuming. An option to bulk edit associations would be very useful. 

bronte

This would save so so much time, so surprised it's not a basic functionality 

CGoodwinOlsen
Contributor

This would be really helpful to have.  An examples where this would be useful:

• A user has mistakenly created a duplicate Company for an existing customer, and a number of activities (f.ex Tickets) are associated to the duplicate Company instead of the correct record.  When fixing this issue, we would rather move all Tickets to the correct Company and then delete the duplicate, rather than merge.  

(This example happens a LOT due to another issue we struggle with: unable to restrict the ability to create Companies without also removing the entire ability to edit Companies)

DGeorgescu

Not having this feature is extremely painful. I have a company that bought out another company and the company that got bought out has over 100 employees in my database. They all now have to be manually re-assigned.

OverlordTank

This is a must-have item for my org.  I can't see many Salesforce converts accepting this.