HubSpot Ideas

rsteggell

Bulk Delete Products

It is not possible to bulk delete products. I imported about 4,000 products, but it registered the dollar sign in front of the prices within the product price column as invalid and set them all as zero. I decided to add the same 4,000 products again without the dollar sign knowing that contacts just replace the information within the contact information if you put the name/email as the same. Instead, when I readded the products without dollar signs, the system just duplicated the amount of products. So now, I have about 8,000 products within HubSpot, and the only way to delete them is 20 at a time. Even when I delete 20 products at a time, it shows that there are no products at all which might get my hopes up, but after I have to refresh the page 2-4 times, all of the products come back except for those 20 that I had originally deleted. 

If you know of any way to bulk delete products, please let me know; otherwise, HubSpot will have to come up with a solution to bulk delete the products and I will have take a couple of hours to delete these 8,000 products 20 at a time.

32 Replies
jeanlouismonin
Participant

you are right, I cannot see another way to remove dupplicates than the one you described 🙂 

StatMedInc

I just found out how this can be done!!

Settings>Object>Products&Quotes.

• Select all box on the top left corner above the line items.
  • The highlighted section will open up with a link to select the whole list
  • go to the first line item and choose the drop-down in the line and select delete
  • type in the number to confirm that you wish to delete every item

Voila, all 9000 items are gone!   

You are welcome Hubspot users.

jwebster_pt
Participant

I tried this just now and got the following error, "There was an issue deleting your products. Please try again." 😞

matthew_stibbe
Member | Diamond Partner

We had a client who needed to bulk delete products on a regular basis - they were uploading thousands of SKUs from their suppliers each month when prices changed - so we built an API integration in our app Fizz+Ginger to delete ALL the products in a connected account with one click. If you need to do a bulk delete once, you can sign up for a free trial of the app and just do it before you need to pay anything. If you need to do this on a regular basis, then you'll need a subscription to the app. The app does other useful things for HubSpot users like bulk compress images, curate social media posts and check for broken links etc.

More information: www.fizzandginger.com

Also search for 'Fizz+Ginger' in HubSpot's integration app directory

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi Hubspot

We have clients who moves from old ERP/CRM to Hubspot. But old ERP has this basic feature "delete product".

Any news on this ?

T.

jwebster_pt
Participant

Did you accidentally set 4000 products to 1mo and need to change it back to no term? time to use the API or bulk dele.. I mean, delete 20 items at a time and re-import.

Did you accidentally set 4000 products to monthly and need to change them back to "one-time" time to use the API or bulk dele.. I mean, delete 20 items a time and re-import.

The ability to bulk delete is really a bandade for other shortcommings of Hubspot product management experience.

JCaliguri

@jeanlouismonin Thank you for your post, I was able to export what I wanted to keep - use your work around to delete the thousands I wished to terminate, and easily re-uploaded the good stuff.  Many Thanks for this workaround!

RBragg
HubSpot Employee

This would be very useful for customers to maintain good data hygiene practices.

KJonsson
Contributor

How is this not a feature?

Glynnis

Only being able to delete 20 products at a time is a huge pain point for users.

Allowing products to be deleted in bulk would be a great time saver!

AEdwards9

Hard agreement.

We have a major product update and I want the old product records removed from my catalogue. Only way to do it is manual.  It's not just from bad imports (which happens to everyone). 

• Bulk delete from upload of a list of Record IDs in a csv would be good to accomodate accidental bad uploads.
  • Bulk Inactive from upload of Record IDs in csv for outdated products - so add a status field, add a default to only show Active status records in available products in Deals. This to accomodate products used in old Deals. 

ANarsi
HubSpot Employee

Easy way to bulk delete is to use a workflow to set an object property to something that you can then filter the indexing page off of. On the indexing page, select all records (top checkbox), it will ask you if you just want the rows on this page or if you want all records (see screenshot), and you can choose all records. 

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 4.51.15 PM.png