HubSpot Ideas

VictoriaGumaer

Build a proprietary search module for HubSpot blog page

The existing Google search module is nice, but it doesn't keep the user on the blog page, doesn't open in a new window and shows ads and paid listings (if you don't have a custom search plan with Google). It is a bit distracting.

It would be great if HubSpot could develop a search that only will search within the posted blog articles and the result listings would turn up on the blog page. This seems much more user friendly and engaging.

12 Kommentare
Lynn
Mitglied

HubSpot really needs to have a proprietary search module. Afterall, aren't you all about SEO? How does having competitors and ads listed in search results from Google help our SEO? This should be a top priority! We eagerly await the release of this funcitonality. Thanks!

Lynn

creativetech
Teilnehmer/-in

I agree with @VictoriaGumaer & @Lynn.  Hubspot should have a native search feature built into the COS. This is a must have.

svigneault
Teilnehmer/-in

How come only 14 likes on this subject? This is a huge issue, esp. since Google is ending Site Search in April 2018

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

This needs to be for the COS, not just the blog feature - how can we direct our customers to google on our own site and pull results for our competition....seems counterintuitive.

MikeAcro
Teilnehmer/-in

This is very much needed. How can our visitors search our blog for old articles without this? The Google solution works, but it's not at all a good solution. Like many others, I won't use it because the negatives outweigh the positives. 

SvenVanbrabant
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Please provide a good Search module for HubSpot COS.

ra9r
Teilnehmer/-in

Agreed.  Being new to HubSpot I have to admit my surprise to find out that this isn't a default option already.  If I could figure out how to up vote this issue I would!

mcemental
Mitglied

This definitely needed!

MikeAcro
Teilnehmer/-in

To everyone following this thread. It looks this functionality has been added.

https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/in-beta-site-search

https://www.hubspot.com/products/marketing/site-search

Anonymous
Nicht anwendbar

@MikeAcro That is the best news I've heard all week! Thank you so much for sharing the update!

Tkat
Mitglied

HubSpot, could you also support the Search tool by providing analytics on what people search for when they come to our website? Thanks!

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
velliott
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all, 

Thank you for your interest and feedback for an improved content search feature. I'm happy to share that we have updated our default search module to include a more focused search experience. If you are a developer looking for a highly customizable search experience for your website, check out our updated article about HubSpot's content search functionality.