HubSpot Ideas

brittwhittemore

Build a list of companies

I would love to be able to create a static or smart list of companies. Right now, you can create a list based on company fields, but it generates contact names, not companies.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
August 25, 2020 04:54 AM

In Beta
June 02, 2020 06:15 AM

Company Lists, are now in Beta. Please reach out to your HubSpot CSM if you wish to be opted in to the Beta.

In Planning
March 23, 2020 07:18 AM

October 25, 2019 07:04 AM

Hey @BuySellAdsDave! We're actively working on it! But, in this case you could actually solve that problem pretty fast without lists. There's a setting in Settings --> Contacts & Companies --> Contacts called "Assign Company Owner to Contact by Default" which, if you toggle on, means you would only have to create a View of all the companies you want to change and then bulk edit the Company Owner field and it will filter down to all associated Contacts. 

September 12, 2019 12:43 PM

Hey everyone! I just wanted to make sure you're aware of the ability to create a View (which is essentially a list) of Companies in HubSpot. If you're looking to create a list of Companies to pass along to a rep or you just want to see how many companies in your Hubspot that use a particular technology or are in a certain industry, this is a good solution. You can even save these views for future use. Check it out here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/create-saved-filters

The only thing you can't do with a View is use a view in Automation. But, if you just want to see a list of Companies based on the properties attached to those Companies, this should do the job. 

If you're new to the thread, I'm the Product Manager responsible for making HubSpot support a more account based approach. We're aware of these gaps and working actively to fill them. If you'd like to chat with me - fill out this form: https://forms.gle/G6XMQxHEsWNaCXpy6! I'd love to hear your feedback.

July 15, 2019 11:57 AM

Well that's genuinely embarrassing. @LeadJen now it should be solved.

July 15, 2019 11:48 AM

Hey @LeadJen (great name btw) - thanks the heads up! The form is now fully accessible. I editted the comment above, but here's the new link just in case: https://forms.gle/ZEfA5FspV8C2AkZG8

July 15, 2019 11:18 AM

Hi Everyone! My name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I'm exploring how to enable better Account Based Marketing and Account Based Sales in HubSpot and I've read through every comment on the thread. I'd love to get more feedback from anyone who is willing to chat for 20 minutes. Fill out this form and I'll reach out directly: https://forms.gle/ZEfA5FspV8C2AkZG8

76 Replies
LeadJen
Participant

Upvote

CamiCampos

Agreed with this, It's absolutely necessary to be able to create a list based on companies.

LexOv

Couldn't agree more, it's essential.  Hubspot, please fix this!!

JuusoK

This would be an essential feature if HubSpot wants to keep customers utilizing account-based strategies.

TomS
Participant

We need this as well to incorporate a more account-based strategy! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi HubSpot!
Also needed for ABM

Thank you!

auto_mate
Contributor

Bump for company lists!

Our ABS&M dreams are being crushed at the moment!

danield

Totally agree with everyone the need to make list by Companies!

indy78210
Participant

Another one for me ! I'd like to automatically tag all contacts in a company, simply by tagging the company. Through workflows, this would be a way to do it. Currently I'm stuck and can have mistakes anywhere if I someone in my team forget to tag manually all contacts

jadetrack

Shouldnt this be an easy feature to add? +1 for the immediate need here. 

Looking for a list of accounts I want my SDR's an AE's to focus on is a nightmare in hubspot right now.

meltmarketing

+1 for this feature. Account-based marketing is critical to B2B organizations today; filtering contacts within a list by company is not sufficient to support account-driven marketing strategies. We need list-building functionality that is based on account versus contact records! Thank you Hubspot product team for considering this feature request in your roadmap. 

GiovannaVallin

+1!

We need company lists. I need to exclude company from my campaings. Please, hubspot, get this done. ❤️

parryp

Still looking to get this feature please.

DP123

One of my team flagged this to me this morning. The company is my client, and the contact is a person I deal with in the company. We save all relevant data of a company's account on the company level via API and would like to use lists to analyse companies and have the company data visible. Saved filter views are not solving the issue. This would be a great addition and seeing as this is done for contacts I can't see it as being a big project for developers to create a company list builder.

GLC
Contributor

It would be great to be able to create a list of companies! Very good idea!

erica11
Top Contributor

Need to be able to do this!

DavidOptix

Seems like a core ability that is missing from HubSpot currently

lwalsh
Participant

We need to be able to make company lists for segmenting accounts. Please add this feature!

DPG
Participant

HubSpot, nearly 2 years since this thread/request began.

Seems the need is obvious & implemantation is not Rocket Science.

I see no replies from any HubSpot people - are we just sptting in the wind???

RebeccaNixon
Participant

Upvote. B2B marketing - especially ABM - is a nightmare in this platform because of this sort of thing. It's SUCH lack of basic fuctionality. After a year of tearing my hair out with HubSpot I'm seriously considering other options. Evidently B2B orgs are just not HubSpot's desired customer base.