HubSpot Ideas

LizO

Bring back tracking recent pages visited in the Prospects tool

In the prospects sales tool, see recent activities in the report.  This would be information like pages views at the company level. Example: An employee of a company visit your site but doesn't complete a form.

This is a tool we used that vanished post GDPR. I'm aware of the statement by Hubspot explaining their decision to discontinue this feature.  I have also found this community forum of others who want the feature back.  Low usage of the feature by their current customer base was a major factor in HubSpot’s decision to remove.  This is my attempt to show them that there is more demand than previously estimated.  Please upvote!

43 Kommentare
asifrehmani
Mitglied

I believe other tools like Lead Forensics offer this functionality where you can see which pages have been viewed by a Customer/Account. If GDPR was really a concern regarding this functionality, they would have stopped doing it as well.

This is Very unfortunate that Hubspot has decided to rip out this very important functionality. If you are going to reduce functionality and benefit then consider reducing pricing as well. 

Undo
Teilnehmer/-in

@asifrehmani - yes we ended up having to purchase LeadForensics to do exactly this job.

Not happy with HubSpot removing the Prospect Tool functionality less than 3 months after we purchased their system - and without HubSpot informing us that the functionality we were evaluating was about to be deprecated. At the point of renewal, HubSpot insisted we had to pay full price: they refused to discount the renewal to offset the additional cost we incurred for purchasing an additional system. Had HubSpot acted responsibly and reasonably at the point of renewal, I'd have commited to stay with them for longer, but now I will be considering alternative options for next year.

Shame because our customer success manager is pretty good. But the way they do business is appalling. 

dan_sitton
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Quick Update: We found an amazing program called Leadfeeder that has built their entire software offering around this functionality. It also has a native integration with HubSpot to get the website visits into HubSpot from Leadfeeder. This tool is better than Prospects ever was. Unfortunately, it's not free/cheap depending on your budget - but provides immense value. You pay for the tool, but get unlimited accounts - so everyone in your organization can have access.

Best of all, the company is Finnish - so they're fully GDPR compliant and have documentation to prove it. They use Google Analytics to track visitors by company. You can pivot around pages - even down to the utm tracking codes for the same page. I can't back it up enough how amazing it is. And the HubSpot integration is flawless. Our sales team loves the tool so much that even if HubSpot brought Prospects back, we would still pay for Leadfeeder instead of basically using Prospects for free (we're never getting rid of Sales Pro).

smammone
Teilnehmer/-in

Add me to the list of many that want the ability to see the actual pages viewed by a prospect when reading the Daily Prospects Digest.    

peterargo
Mitglied

Perhaps if the website had proper GDPR acceptance on their site this feature could be turned on?

ccbraley
Teilnehmer/-in

We are also interested in being able to filter this report by specific URL(s) viewed.   Having wildcards/regex when defining URLs would be ideal, as we have multiple pages that we would want to include/exclude on the report. As it stands, this report is not helpful to us...with this filter it would become an excellent prospecting tool!

dan_sitton
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hi @ccbraley, for filtering reports by URL there is no better tool than Leadfeeder. Leadfeeder does everything the Prospects tool did, and more. You can see which companies are visiting your website, how long they are on each page, filter by pages viewed, tag different companies, assign leads, and more. Best of all, it natively integrates with HubSpot. So you can get this page visit info automatically updated in HubSpot on the company level. It even differentiates users, so you can see how many people from each company are on your site. You can even assign tasks in HubSpot from Leadfeeder to help expedite outreach.

In my opinion, Leadfeeder is a great platform for pre-sales, ABM teams, BDRs, SDRs, marketing reporting, etc. Meanwhile, your Account Executives and Account Managers can get the enrichment of Leadfeeder while never having to leave HubSpot.

FYI, Leadfeeder also integrates natively with other CRMs such as Salesforce.

If you have any questions about how I use the platform and/or how I implemented it for our company, feel free to send me an email: dsitton@wearediagram.com.

akey
Mitglied

As we beef up our lead generation efforts, access to this information would be great! We just built a website performance dashboard in Google Studio and my boss just asked if we can see what pages users visited now that we know the company based on IP address. I am in full support of this feature! Please include it with the Prospect reporting tool.

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
JoeMayall
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hi folks!

I'd like to thank all of you for taking the time to leave your feedback on this thread. Although we have no plans to add these features back into the Prospect tool, we hear your feedback and greatly appreciate your enthusiasm. 

I've changed the status to better reflect what was stated in this resource when this capability was removed.

Best,
Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

dorecchio
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

Absolutely need this functionality and also the ability to provide a list view as a report in a dashboard. 

Status aktualisiert zu: Not Currently Planned
ethankopit
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager here at HubSpot.  I wanted to add some color to what @JoeMayall said above.

While we don't have plans to bring back the exact feature of showing pageviews in Prospects, I wanted you to know that it's not because we don't want to invest in Prospect-like functionality. Quite the opposite! Over time, you should see more and more of this functionality available in the platform. As an example, the new "Account Overview" (a Sales Professional feature shipping May 19th as part of the ABM launch) will show all pages viewed by known visitors AND anonymous viewers associated with an account. 

I will keep this thread in the loop as we do more discovery about how these features will find themselves into the platform overall. I know product development can be frustrating, but I genuinely appreciate the feedback and the enthusiam. Thank you.

Berky
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@ethankopit, great to see your comment.  I was hoping page views at the company level would surface in the ABM module.  The ability to identify a company that is viewing a bunch of your website pages and which pages is a key requirement to judge:

1. Is my ABM working by increasing page views within my ICP accounts?
  2. What pages are hot within my ICP accounts?

A related request for the Prospects Tool:  this tool is awesome for tracking activity spikes from anonymous visitors.  However, the tool only shows aggregate # page views and aggregate # visitors EVEN if I put in a date range filter.  This prevents me from seeing what company is hot in the last XYZ days/months.  Perhaps this is addressed in one of the new ABM features?

ethankopit
HubSpot-Produktteam

@Berky those are both excellent ideas and something I'm acutely aware of. For now, we won't be able to provide that reporting, but stay tuned because we're making some infrastructure investments that should allow us to make progress there.

One thing I should say about looking at Page Views is that the panel that shows them is scoped to a Sales Professional paid seat. Over time, I want any user to be able to access that data via Reporting, but that's the situation for now.

Berky
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thanks @ethankopit, doesn't the new ABM beta (I turned on) include page views at the company level?

ethankopit
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey Berky! It does, but they're currently available in the Account Overview, which you can find on any company record if you're a Sales Professional or Enterprise customer. From there, just scroll down to the bottom. 

Page views are also available as a property, but right now they're a roll up property so they can't be analyzed over time.

peterargo
Mitglied

How do we sign up for the ABM beta? I would like to see this functionality first hand if possible. I believe we do have the right level of plan to qualify. Thanks in advance!

ethankopit
HubSpot-Produktteam

@peterargo the features are actually going live tomorrrow morning. You'll see the Account Overview at the top right of your screen on all company records and on the Target Accounts Home.

Berky
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Thanks, that's good news, @ethankopit.  Are you saying there will be a view of the actual pages viewed by anonymous visitors in the Prospects Tool as well as from the Account Overview?  So will the page views listed in the Account Overview be from Prospects or from known contacts or both? 

darshakparmar
Teilnehmer/-in

This is an absolutely basic functionality. Even marketing automation platforms who are not as good as HubSpot are offering this!

ethankopit
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey folks! We're continuing to work on Prospects and we'd love your input. Would anyone be willing to hop on the phone with us for 20 or 30 minutes (cc @nlacy) and help us understand how you're currently using the app? If you are, fill out this form and we'll reach out! https://forms.gle/zaG5oNpnz1WkDgxw5