HubSpot Ideas

SusanaBranum

Bring back the view in salesforce link on form submission notifications

Our Marketing Associates and BDRs use the view in salesforce link for every single new HubSpot submission. This was recently removed and clearly shows that HubSpot isn't supportive of their clients using SFDC. We now have to read the form, go into SFC and type in the name to access the SFDC record. This is really inefficient. One click used to get what we needed. Please bring it back!

HubSpot Updates
March 11, 2019 07:14 AM

Hi everyone, thanks again for that additional feedback. 

@JojoHobbs  Regarding an on/off button. A link in any of the emails sent would cause all emails to backlog. So adding in an on/off button would reintroduce the same issue we were seeing originally. 

@SusanaBranum  thank you so much for passing on such constructive feedback on this and your use case for this button. I've followed up on this with our Salesforce integration team to see how they plan on tackling these issues. They have told me they are currently working on a complete revamp of how our sync errors work and are handled. I don't have an exact timeline for this, but they are working towards improving this connection and visibility of error handling to help ensure connected portals can function as seamlessly as possible. I've passed your complete feedback onto the integration team so they can see your use cases and frustration too. 

Not Currently Planned
March 08, 2019 06:01 AM

Hi all, Tom here from the HubSpot forms product team.

I want to say thank you to everyone for sharing their feedback on this, getting this feedback on any updates we make gives us a great insight into how our customers are using our tools.

I’d like to provide some context around why we removed this button from our form notification emails. When providing this link on the form notification emails we have to verify and pull these from our Salesforce integration. Frequently when there were sync errors our notification system would become clogged up and this would cause a backlog on all our notification emails being sent out. This would often require developer work to be put in to clear this backlog out and correctly identify these issues. The higher the backlog the heavier load our email sending infrastructure had to take before this could be cleared out and all notification emails were sent.

We took some time to review all our email sending logs and discovered that on average less than 1% of notification emails sent out had clicks on the “view in salesforce” link. Due to it’s low usage and high incident rate we made the decision to remove this link from our notification emails in order to improve the reliability of our notification emails.

I do want to confirm that this is in no way a step to remove any functionality from our Salesforce integration. This is one of our largest integrations and we plan on continuing to allow our customers to integrate between Salesforce and HubSpot as seamlessly as possible. This is also not a decision made in order to force any of our customers to rely on the HubSpot CRM. This decision was made solely to improve our form notification sending reliability.

I do apologise for any disruption made to your workflows. We will continue to monitor this thread for feedback on this and the removal of this link. For the moment this is not currently planned, however if a way to re-implement this link without negatively affecting our email sending reliability becomes available we will investigate this and post any updates to this thread.

Thank you all again for your feedback on this.

February 26, 2019 10:15 AM

Hi everyone-- I just made this post which walks through a workaround, where you can create your own "View Contact in Salesforce" button in custom form submission notifications: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Custom-quot-View-in-Salesforce-quot-Button-on-Form-Submission/m-p/255641#M2452

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the pain you are experiencing after the removal of the button from the default form submission notification emails

44 Replies
Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone, thanks again for that additional feedback. 

@JojoHobbs  Regarding an on/off button. A link in any of the emails sent would cause all emails to backlog. So adding in an on/off button would reintroduce the same issue we were seeing originally. 

@SusanaBranum  thank you so much for passing on such constructive feedback on this and your use case for this button. I've followed up on this with our Salesforce integration team to see how they plan on tackling these issues. They have told me they are currently working on a complete revamp of how our sync errors work and are handled. I don't have an exact timeline for this, but they are working towards improving this connection and visibility of error handling to help ensure connected portals can function as seamlessly as possible. I've passed your complete feedback onto the integration team so they can see your use cases and frustration too. 

mmccormick

The Salesforce integration button was a real time saver for our marketing team. Really disappointed to see it disappear, even more without notice... Please bring it back.

atetz

My small team, Marketing, is being hit with extra work to gets the large Sales team to new leads from HS in SFDC.  This is all manual work, required because this link was removed from the HS webform emails.

Would really like to see this feature reinstated or an automatic fix put in place by HS.  This is not the workflow I setup when I bought HS a year ago.  

JessKing86
Participant

Any updates on this??