HubSpot Ideas

SusanaBranum

Bring back the view in salesforce link on form submission notifications

Our Marketing Associates and BDRs use the view in salesforce link for every single new HubSpot submission. This was recently removed and clearly shows that HubSpot isn't supportive of their clients using SFDC. We now have to read the form, go into SFC and type in the name to access the SFDC record. This is really inefficient. One click used to get what we needed. Please bring it back!

44 Replies
gwelch

My sales team now hates me and hates Hubspot. Please restore this function.

I find it interesting that this was only removed after your internal teams moved away from SFDC.

LisaN1018

Why would  you remove something so useful? They're the #1 CRM System! Why would you remove the Salesforce link within your notification emails? It creates a significant inefficiency in our leads management process! 

Please bring it back! 

jfong

This change has already caused major delays and inefficiencies in our workflow. Please revert or our company will need to consider looking into other tools that will integrate with Salesforce, which seems to be the obvious standard, but obviously not to Hubspot.

dredle77

Until the Hubspot CRM is as customizable and open source friendly, people will not dump SFDC.  Bring back the button please.

lviselli

Totally agree. Removing the link creates extra steps for users, which is inefficient. Please add the link back in. 

alexw

Seems you've gone backwards on this one.  Please reinstate this feature asap into the email notfication.

Thanks

a_schumacher
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone-- I just made this post which walks through a workaround, where you can create your own "View Contact in Salesforce" button in custom form submission notifications: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/Lead-Capture-Tools/Custom-quot-View-in-Salesforce-quot-Button-on-Fo...

Hopefully this will alleviate some of the pain you are experiencing after the removal of the button from the default form submission notification emails

setheryb
Contributor

So rather than use the default built-in notifcation emails, you want us to create new custom notification emails that we have to build? Which also means having to turn off the reconversion notification for each form or user (I can't remember which).

This isn't a solution. This is more work that has to be done with no time to do it.

Jkjordan35

I agree!  

Nellieg

Removing the SF link does NOT work for our team.  This has just doubled our workload without any warning from the Hubspot becasue now we have to manually copy and paste the name from the form into salesforce.  Please bring back the sf link as soon as possible. 

lien
Participant

I agree, @a_schumacher this is not a solution. You're now increasing our workload even further. 

We need Hubspot to bring the link back asap. 

JojoHobbs

Bump.

atetz

bump, this is a huge issue to our workflow and efficiency to lose that SFDC link in the notice emails.

dredle77

The funniest thing here is how the initial comment was that the button needed to be removed because it was causing "delivery issues". Yet the revisit emails still have the salesforce button. Please just put back the button.  We get it that you have a CRM you want us to use, however it lacks the customization/open source abilities that make SFDC preferred. 

Jaysea48

Bring this back! Was a really good time saver when you're manually working through allocating leads. 

alexw

@a_schumacher You can hear everyone here desperate for the link to be put back onto the template. 

Please can you confirm that Hubspot is going to reconsider it's move to remove this and bring this functionality back? 

We are currently considering our renewal and this would factor into our decision I'm sure. 

Tom
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, Tom here from the HubSpot forms product team.

I want to say thank you to everyone for sharing their feedback on this, getting this feedback on any updates we make gives us a great insight into how our customers are using our tools.

I’d like to provide some context around why we removed this button from our form notification emails. When providing this link on the form notification emails we have to verify and pull these from our Salesforce integration. Frequently when there were sync errors our notification system would become clogged up and this would cause a backlog on all our notification emails being sent out. This would often require developer work to be put in to clear this backlog out and correctly identify these issues. The higher the backlog the heavier load our email sending infrastructure had to take before this could be cleared out and all notification emails were sent.

We took some time to review all our email sending logs and discovered that on average less than 1% of notification emails sent out had clicks on the “view in salesforce” link. Due to it’s low usage and high incident rate we made the decision to remove this link from our notification emails in order to improve the reliability of our notification emails.

I do want to confirm that this is in no way a step to remove any functionality from our Salesforce integration. This is one of our largest integrations and we plan on continuing to allow our customers to integrate between Salesforce and HubSpot as seamlessly as possible. This is also not a decision made in order to force any of our customers to rely on the HubSpot CRM. This decision was made solely to improve our form notification sending reliability.

I do apologise for any disruption made to your workflows. We will continue to monitor this thread for feedback on this and the removal of this link. For the moment this is not currently planned, however if a way to re-implement this link without negatively affecting our email sending reliability becomes available we will investigate this and post any updates to this thread.

Thank you all again for your feedback on this.

JojoHobbs

Boooooo!Boooooo!

How about a toggle on/off option?

SusanaBranum
Participant

Thanks for responding @Tom  After reading through the response, one particular piece stuck out that was a bit concerning.

"When providing this link on the form notification emails we have to verify and pull these from our Salesforce integration. Frequently when there were sync errors our notification system would become clogged up and this would cause a backlog on all our notification emails being sent out. This would often require developer work to be put in to clear this backlog out and correctly identify these issues."

Based on your explanation, it sounds like the root cause of the issue is actually sync errors. I can imagine how many errors there must be as we have constant sync errors with our integration. Unfortunately, some of these sync errors are actually caused by bugs within HubSpot. For example, recently our persona fields were causing sync errors. After working with support, I completed all suggested troubleshooting and they still couldn't figure out why the field was causing a sync error. Without help from HubSpot support, I finally figured out that the Title and Description on the persona field had to be identical; which makes absolutely no sense.

Instead of taking away functionality that your customers use to avoid having a developer clear out a backlog and correctly identify the issues, doesn't it make more sense to correct the sync error issues? I completely understand that you don't want the burden of the sync errors customers experience on your internal team because they are often caused by the setup on the customer side. However, as I referenced above, not all sync issues are caused by the setup on the customer side.

Sync errors are hidden and we have to proactively go in and remember to check the sync error report. Maybe some kind of notification that automatically generates when something fails to sync would help address the root cause of the backlog.  Unfortunately, if you read customer comments on this thread, the form notifications is actually how a lot of your customers first discover they have a sync error. So now you've just made sync errors even less obvious by removing the SFDC link.

This does seem to be a quick fix that makes things easier on HubSpot, but doesn't address the real issue and is causing pain for customers. If it is true that SFDC " is one of our largest integrations and we plan on continuing to allow our customers to integrate between Salesforce and HubSpot as seamlessly as possible," wouldn't it makes sense to tackle the sync error issues that are making the integration far from seamless?

sprather

PLEASE bring it back. This is causing a lot of extra work for our small marketing team.