HubSpot Ideas

Kidomu

Bring back the color-coded bars e.g. on deal records

Posting on behalf of a customer

As part of the updates to the CRM records, the colour-coded bars were removed from the record cards in the top left, e.g. on deal records. 

Suggestion: please bring them back as  they do help to visually distinguish the deals

Previously (what they used to look like)

Colored bars.png

Now

No colored bars.png

22件のコメント
MWheeland
メンバー

Bring these back!

Heike6983
メンバー

Please bring this feature back. It was a great way to visually see in which stage the deal is. 

Svetlauskaite
メンバー

Please bring it back. It was much easier to distinguish the deal stage. 

We need visualization! Makes work more efficient. 

AJacques9
メンバー

We really need this. It's so difficult now to tell what's open/closed with any given customer at a glance. Please bring this back. 

KMolina
メンバー

I utilized this feature throughout my day and it is very disorienting for it to suddenly be gone. Please bring it back! 

NRubino
メンバー

Please. Please restore this feature. I am broken and lost without it. 

ABruggner
メンバー

Pleaseeee bring this back! 

LCason
メンバー

The loss of this feature is impacting my productivity. Please bring back the bars  😥

FPechmann
メンバー

Please Bring these back! 

HR-2
メンバー

without colors it is very confusing, it would really help a lot if they were back

ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
Dylan
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hello HubSpot community! I appreciate your feedback on the sunsetting of the deal progress indicator. At this time, we do not have plans to re-add this back into the product. However, I do want to provide some clarity as to why this was removed and insight into how we may be able to introduce new functionality to better solve the problems that the indicator solved for you. 

We removed this for 3 reasons 

1. Bugs related to larger pipelines. For customers who built large pipelines with >10 stages, this indicator either became inaccurate or was entirely non-responsive for them since it was built and intended to support a smaller # of pipeline stages. 

2. Low usage. Many new users were confused by this indicator, what it meant, and how to use it. 

3. It did not align with our long term stategy. Many of the recent changes to the record page, this included, were rooted in creating a more dense data layout and standard pattern. Strategically, this was a huge step for us to remove "special" treatment on deal and ticket records. As a result, we're able to build other critical functionality more quickly and are able to allow customization of all records with less impediments. 

Looking ahead - as you may have seen, we recently launched the ability to customize the properties that display on board cards and association cards. (beta knowledge article). We plan to continue investing in configuration of the CRM records so that each account can create a record page that matches their exact needs. For example, using different colors to represent different stages, or treating properties like "deal priority" with more visual indicators, or even perhaps adding in a visual of the pipeline if needed. 

All that said, I want to apologize for any disruption this may have caused. Feel free to DM me if you'd like to chat further. We're waking up every day to make the CRM record better for all of our customers and this feedback around the need for high level visual indicators is certainly a valuable one. Thank you for your feedback as always! 

- Dylan

KMolina
メンバー

Hi Dylan, hope you're well. I wanted to address your reply. Hope to hear from you soon.

1. Bugs related to larger pipelines. For customers who built large pipelines with >10 stages, this indicator either became inaccurate or was entirely non-responsive for them since it was built and intended to support a smaller # of pipeline stages.

Why does a bug affecting only a portion of your clientele mean that the feature needed to be removed for the rest of us? The feature being unusable for them led to your team making it unable to be used for any of us, which seems like a counterproductive non-solution. 

2. Low usage. Many new users were confused by this indicator, what it meant, and how to use it.

I am not sure what you mean by low usage, but this was a feature that I used daily, every single time I utilized Hubspot. Looking at the replies to this idea, it seems like this was the case for many others.

As for the new users point, I am not sure how that ties into low usage, but I would imagine that new users need to be trained on and taught to use many aspects of Hubspot, and not just this singular one. Are all other features that confuse new users also going to be removed? 

3. It did not align with our long term stategy. Many of the recent changes to the record page, this included, were rooted in creating a more dense data layout and standard pattern. Strategically, this was a huge step for us to remove "special" treatment on deal and ticket records. As a result, we're able to build other critical functionality more quickly and are able to allow customization of all records with less impediments.

I don't have any issue with a more dense layout or standardizing a pattern, but I am not sure why this "special" feature did not work with that idea or design. I understand that this allows you to build other critical functionality more quickly, but for myself and many users, this feature was critical functionality, and losing it is affecting our productivity and ability to work effectively. 

Looking ahead - as you may have seen, we recently launched the ability to customize the properties that display on board cards and association cards. (beta knowledge article). We plan to continue investing in configuration of the CRM records so that each account can create a record page that matches their exact needs. For example, using different colors to represent different stages, or treating properties like "deal priority" with more visual indicators, or even perhaps adding in a visual of the pipeline if needed.

If this comes to fruition, that would be great, but it does put us in a unique bind where a functional feature that we were using daily was removed, and we just need to wait for a proposed future feature that will bring back what we were already effectively using. Improving on these features and removing the bugs that they were causing is fantastic and greatly appreciated, but when a feature is removed without a solid backup plan already in place, it doesn't make sense. 

Do you have a timeline for the customization of colors for different deal stages? 

Thank you. Your effort here and prompt reply to these posts are appreciated. 

SRocha
メンバー

Please add this feature back! It definitely helps my productivity as well! It is so much easier to view the different stages of the deal when the bar was on the deals. 

EReece
メンバー

Color coding is a pretty basic organizational strategy.... Really hoping this can be implemented ASAP!

BJonesy
メンバー

The removal of this feature greatly affects productivity. Hoping to see this feature brought back soon or a comparative replacement. 

NBogucki
メンバー

Without this feature, it is difficult to know exactly where a deal is with a quick glance.

CDiserens
メンバー

As a newbie, the quick glance of the colored bar to recognize the deal helped me. Please bring this back!

JDaniels7
メンバー

Please bring this feature back!

RCausey
メンバー

Please bring this back. It was such a useful feature to have. Now it's much harder to quickly get the information about the deal stages but was also much more aesthetically pleasing. Now the pages look very bland and meshed together in a bad way.

THilsden
メンバー

Hi team,

We have been expanding our Hubspot deal stages/ columns ns as mentioned by a number of others, the whole deal spread is very bland and no visually effective.
 I endorse all the comments made thus far and wait for a considered response and rebuttal of the points made by K Molina, who made a very good argument as to why the majority should be denied the feature because of "bugs " or difficulties experienced by those creating large deal boards.

We have created a series of deal stages that relate to the deal stage and also the tasks or stages that relate to our production team. To be able to differentiate between these 2 stages, visually would certainly increase efficiency and avoid processes or responsibilities that could slip through the cracks.  How nice it would be to right-click on a column ( deal stage) and colour it... 

Let's hope the HS team continues to listen to your users, after all, who are you serving?