HubSpot Ideas

sloxley

Bring back ability to delete activities to new activity feed

by removing the little "x" on each activity it makes it virtually impossible to easily see the most important activities  I need tracked.    And your system tracks my internal communications to my colleagues - so once a question/issue is resolved I need to remove that from the activity feed and see other e mail responses

96 Replies
Jason_pb
Participant

Dont see why this feature was taken away, its an option to delete the notifications. really dont see the downside of having this option. but there are a lot of downsides to not having it

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community - we're reviewing what it would take to bring this feature back into the activity feed.

The activity feed is now grouped and organized by contact, rather than by email thread (like it was before we removed the ability to delete specific activity cards). In full transparency, we need to determine how to handle deleting groupings/contacts from the activity feed now that it's possible that a grouping includes more than one email thread. 

Thanks,

Scott

WillTaylor
Participant

Same answer we got a year ago.  Shouldn't matter how the data is gathered or displayed.  All we're asking for is "hide" button.  I don't think anyone wants the email removed, just the ability to hide the junky stuff (salutations, etc..) and keep the working leads visible on the activity page.  Hide/unhide ?  The activity page usef to be a fantsatic closing tool, now it's just unusable because it's filled with irrelevance.

marklebaron

I am new to Hub Spot, so i never did see the little X but i really need a way to delete the activity that is not important to me.

jpcorrell

Wanted to use hubspot, but not being able to delete notifcations and logs (like a personal email that was accidetally logged) is a crazy problem. I don't even understand how that makes sense to anyone. Why remove that feature?!

GarethNguyen

To this point, I am very disappointed with this tool. Handy features like delete activities, clone pipeline, conversion rate report... are either not developed or could not work properly even though many users have been requesting them for YEARS! I've decided to move to Salesforce next month. For a team of 6, Salesforce is actually cheaper than Hubspot (I'm purchasing the Enterprise licenses and was given discounts). 

lottalaukkanen

This is also a very big Data Security issue with the GDPR - if the contact wants us the delete all the data that we have on Him/Her with this system its next to imposible. 

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

Hi HubSpot Community,

We're looking to talk with a few of you about this next week. If you're interested in chatting with the product team about getting this feature added back in, we'd love to connect. Here is a link to schedule some time if you're interested. 

Thank you,

Scott

mdagosti
Participant

Having the Chrome extension active, I occasionaly track emails related to contacts that are not in HubSpot database. Yes I can deselect the tracking feature before sending, but it was always useful to have some emails trackied. 

So now I have the problem that I have one email, tracked, with hundreds of recipients that are opened 30-40/day and I get notifications ay any moment by phone and by Chrome. And I can't deactivate it. It's a huge problem and I completely disagree with this idea of HubSpot of removing the possibility to stop one single thread from tracking.

Moreover it's months that people complain and still you don't do anything to solve this situation.

Have you lost your mind?

mdagosti
Participant

I have to uninstall Chrome extension and Hubpsot app if you don't fix this problem. It's urgent!

JMäki

Very difficult to keep activities well organized and prioritized, super frustrating issue with mobile.

EvanAs

One of the problems with removing the delete action is that if you compose a message using Gmail, enter a contact's email address and then link a document and click on the document link yourself to confirm you've included the correct doc, this registers as a sales document activity viewed by the prospect, which of  course is completely inaccurate.

ricklamie

This is critical and needs to be added despite "upvotes." I manage two hubspot accounts for different companies and on occassion, a contact has been inadvertently tracked in the other company's hubspot for which I was logged in. I deleted the erroneous contact, but it still being tracked. That just makes no sense. It's confusing and frankly embarrasing when other team member see a non-client in the activity feed for another company. Please add a way to delete activity feed entries as soon as possible.

ABTC

It is now 2 years since this was raised and not a peep from Hubspot - come on and get your finger out.  I guarantee that there are a sizeable minority of Hubpot users with 2 or more different company accounts so adding this ability is absolutely essential. Especially, as there appears no ability in Hubspot to recognise different accounts when the Outlook add in is activated.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi, 

Commenting for a customer here:

This is a necessity. Especially if new users are coming onboard and the owner wish to delete certain activities from contact timeline. Please look at this and provide update! Thank you

ryanrivet

Agree as a customer. We want to onboard our channel partners into our hubspot account, and cannot as we have lots of legacy contact activities we don't want to share with them.

Only way to do this today is to delete a contact......

For me MVP = delete all activities associated with a specific contact. Nice-to-have, delete specific activities or types of activities

t-dub

Seriously - it gets so messy - I wish there was a way to make it so that we could at least choose which activities - like specific email types, lists, etc. It's very messy.

JBaldassari

The reason they no longer allow you to delete is, they want you to pay $45/mo. Well, F that.

ronweiland

I also have my personal email in my outlook folder and the BCC to HubSpot is added to that. so, unless i remember to delete the BCC from mpersonal emails, all of my emails are logged in HubSpot which nis quite annoying for me as well as the rest of my team as they don't need to see these!

Please help. thanks!

CWee

I have 2 hubspot accounts, 1 for my business and one for the company I work for. I DO NOT want sensitive information from emails being tracked by the wrong account. To prevent this, I triple checked my mapping to ensure accuracy. Low and behold, I started getting notifications from the activity feed of the company I work for with emails from my business email account. Now all those emails are in my activity feed for the whole company to see and I cannot delete them. There are so many reasons to allow us to delete, at least 141. I think it's time to add the delete after 2 years of talking about it. Just my two cents.