HubSpot Ideas

sloxley

Bring back ability to delete activities to new activity feed

by removing the little "x" on each activity it makes it virtually impossible to easily see the most important activities  I need tracked.    And your system tracks my internal communications to my colleagues - so once a question/issue is resolved I need to remove that from the activity feed and see other e mail responses

96 Replies
cempio

Hubspot is normally very solid in terms of features/updates. Disabling the ability to remove no longer needed conversations from the activity feed though was a strange decision and makes me wonder if anyone at Hubspot actually uses their own program in the real world.

WillTaylor
Participant

Unfortunatley only 21 responses to this suggestion are just not enough to warrant any flags for HubSpot management much less any response.  We've asked repeatedly for a possuble reason for the removal of the button....crickets.  Most of the support people are understanding and supportive when you explain the use of the deletion x.  But it never seems to get beyond that level.  From what I see a request must have many hundred of responses to get any attention.

sloxley

Those of you who work with colleagues using Hubspot activities tracker please ask them to sound off on this topic.

I am a solo operator - so no-one to ask.    It's ridiculous to see 156 activities logged and not be able to delete activities that are not relevant to a sales process.  Tell your friends please people

timsalmoncmn

Please can we have the ability to delete activity. I've now got loads of testing activity that needs removing before we go live.

Thanks

gfruchtman

Not sure how to get Hubspot's attention on this, but hope more people contribute to this string. We need to be able to DELETE!!!!

WillTaylor
Participant

Only 22 upvotes  isn't going to do it.  Some have 400+ upvotes.  I can't belive more people don't have issue with this.  I guess many dont use the activity feed, cause if you do...it's useless now.

agfarran

Please implement that feature. Being able to delete is one of digital life wonders!

vitmag

I have 2 mailboxes in my outlook. Accidentally some emails and messages from not work related emails get logged into hubspot activities stream which is visible to my employer. I'd like to be able to clean up old non-work related activites from the feed. Please keep me informed when this feature will be added. Thanks

razoredge
Participant

100% MUST have delete. Its quite common to accidentally setup an email for tracking and then it completely clutters up the feed. We absolutely need the ability to delete activities clean up our activity feed, otherwise its pretty useless.

mocom

Because I monitor several email accounts in Outlook and can't select just one account to integrate with Hubspot (all accounts integrate by default), I'm not able to log any of our company emails unless I have the ability to remove those from other accounts.  Besides being able to delete them individually, it would be a huge benefit to be able to select multiples to delete all at once. The Outlook integration was a main feature that brought us to Hubspot, but is now becoming a real challenge.

gfruchtman

Hubspots last update which got rid of the "delete" function and batching responses by person instead of subject are ridiculous!! I'm researching alternatives now. Looking at ContactMonkey and SalesHandy. If they don't fix this - I'm out of Hubspot!!!

Bettinarf
Contributor

This is a must! Additionally it is a must that the tracking code is activated by the user and it does not come prechecked!!

without you knowing that the tracking is taking place.!!!

zeyni

Please bring this feature back. 

ABTC

Totally agree - the inability to remove unnecessary activity has rendered this platform next to useless!

dradotich

"I am 100% in agreement that not being able to delete activities from the feed is real nuisance - it plugs up the view of activities with endless stuff that is not relevant to my current tasks.  If I could revert to the previous version I would. Hey Hubspot - why do I need to see 317 activities from a client or prospect - I only need to know that s/he opened my most recent e mail. I don't need activity reports going back to 2016.  I want to delete activities that are no longer important" - ditto, #bringbackthedeletebutton

NvM_STEEL

Seriously not sure what the thinking was behind removing this feature. I do occasionally accidentally track and log emails that are not supposed to be tracked or logged. Having those messages permanently in the activity feed without the possibility to remove them is completely ludicrous. Please bring this feature back.

ABTC

Come on Hubspot get this sorted - how long do we have to wait to get this feature reinstalled?

WillTaylor
Participant

HubSpot conferenced with us and told us is will be impossible to bring back the delete button.  They didn't understand how it was an issue.  They believed we were using their CRM incorrectly and relying on the Activity Feed too much.  It's not a priority, it's not even a consideration.

WillTaylor
Participant

HubSpot conferenced with us and told us is will be impossible to bring back the delete button.  They didn't understand how it was an issue.  They believed we were using their CRM incorrectly and relying on the Activity Feed too much.  It's not a priority, it's not even a consideration.

sloxley

Thanks Will for pointing out how out of touch Hubspot is with their customers.    I don't believe that it is impossible to bring back the delete button.     Hubspot's value prop is letting us know who responds to our e mails, so how can using the Activity Feed be "incorrect"????    I came to Hubspot years ago when they acquired a small company who was tracking email response... I have forgotten the name.   Now I will have to look for another small company who can provide e mail activity tracking and be more aware of customers' needs.      Anyone got recommendations?    Thanks