HubSpot Ideas

JWaack

Bring back Linkedin preview image replacement

In the old social media tool, it was possible to replace the preview image of links with a different image without losing the "linked image" function of a normal preview. In comparison, on Twitter and FB, any image replacement will always end up with an image that is not "clickable". 

The new social media tool unfortunately lost this very cool, helpful feature. It would be nice if it could be brought back, it helped us a lot, especially for job postings to change up the same preview image. 

12 Replies
ABeld

I also seem to not be able to post content using a link/URL without having to leave the URL in the post for Facebook and LinkedIn. Personally, I think leaving the URL in the post looks fairly cruddy. The changes to the social media portion of HubSpot feel like a reduction in capability and ease of use.

marcoschiebel
Participant

I support this. It's litteraly one of the only two features that I needed in the Social Media Composer. The Preview-Image and the pre-planning of posts. 

JBorden
HubSpot Employee

+1 New tools should not get rid of previous features. 

snaitken

Agreed! Why remove a useful feature when "enhancing" a product? It doesn't make any sense and makes your product less valuable. I can scheudle a post with many other platforms...

EstB
Participant

Agree. Why can we no longer do this?

marcoschiebel
Participant

As of today, I have been forced into the new composer and can no longer use the old composer. So I can't use this function anymore either.  So far I have not received an update from Hubspot, seems like the feature is just not available now.

katiebergmann
Member | Elite Partner

I was told the feature is no longer available. Agreed - updates to tools should not remove previous features. This was an essential part of the tool for me.

michellelewis
Contributor

So annoying to lose this very useful functionality. I checked with support today and they told me there was no thread requesting this back but there is and also this one https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/How-to-change-LI-post-Preview-image-on-individual-acc...

luizmoura
Participant

Major feature taken away. What a shame.

JWaack
Contributor

I found that this feature is back again. If you hover over the preview thumbnail right below the post, you can see the image-icon and if you click on it, you can replace the image just like before. 

This was not there right after the update but it has been implemented after a while. If you click on the image icon on the preview thumbnail, you can replace the image but keep the preview text and link.If you click on the image icon on the preview thumbnail, you can replace the image but keep the preview text and link.

michellelewis
Contributor

It seems this is only working on company page posts and not on individual's posts??

Leeyman
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, Leeyman from the social product team.

You can update the preview thumbnail for only Linkedin company pages. This is the expected experience using the Linkedin app.