HubSpot Ideas

ahackel

Blog Authors

You should be able to list multiple authors on a blog!

92 Comentários
robertriversoz
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

It would be great if we could add more than one author on blog post's information!

Thanks!

@ahackel wrote:

You should be able to list multiple authors on a blog!

meganberry
Membro

We would love this also!

gloriajohnston
Membro

Yes please! We often have multiple authors and would use this

celbissouri
Membro

I would love to have this feature for my blog!

BM
Participante

that is exactly what I am looking for too

PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee

Has this been acknowledged by HubSpot? We would also love this feature!

BM
Participante

Hi, no not that I have been made aware of.  Is really a need for us as we have collaborators on our video how-to's

praveen
Participante

Hi,

Any updates regarding this or any workaround available?

BM
Participante

all still waiting with baited breath! nothing as yet 😞

praveen
Participante

Ha! understood. 

CampusSonar_MM
Participante

I'd like to suggest adding the ability to have two authors for a blog post. We have a few co-authored blog posts coming up and there is currently not a way to add more than one author.

Thank you!

jebacka
Membro

I contacted HubSpot support regarding this exact idea.  The following was their suggested solution.

"At the moment it's not possible to have 2 blog authors to one post. As a workaround, you could add additional text to the post to state the additional contributors and hyperlink their names. This will make it visually similar to the name of the blog author."

I work for a CPA firm and am in charge of implementing a new firm-wide team marketing effort where we're teaching our staff to develop themselves as thought leaders.  It's therefore important to us that all our contributing staff can be listed as authors on the posts the co-author.  I'm hoping this becomes an option in the near future. 

Ahalteman
Membro

I agree. In the legal field, the norm is to have multi-authors per article. It is also important for lawyers to be properly attributed online. It seems as this should/could be an easy update for HubSpot to make!

KalebMertz
Participante | Parceiro

We really need this too. Hope HubSpot will act on this soon. Thanks!

MarkSfik
Membro

Yes, this is a great idea! Most CMS support this functionality so it would be amazing for Hubspot to also support this! 

Ches123
Membro

I'm also interested in a feature that allows visitors to view an author's posts AND have the multi-author post featured as well. For example, we have individual authors who regularly write content. However, we just recently had our investment team write a post together. When a visitor goes to look at Andy's blog posts, they will currently only see the posts written by him, individually. Instead, it'd be great if they could also see the investment team post that he was part of.

JSteeleEditor
Membro

It's a bit startling that HubSpot doesn't support this yet, since it's a pretty basic function in other CMSs, as others have noted. 

I reached out ot HubSpot Support seeking a workaround, and got this reply: "At this time, it is not possible to list multiple authors on a single blog post. What you might do in this instance as a workaround is create an additional author profile labeled "Technical Team" or something similar to denote that this was a group collaboration." Unfortunately, this suggestion won't work for us, as it is important to us give credit to specific individuals and build their reputation as thought leaders, as others have mentioned here too.

If anyone comes up with a hack or custom code/module to accomplish this, I'd love to know!

jtsang
Participante

I agree, this will be very useful. We often have blog posts with multiple authors. Because we cannot list multiple authors, we have to use a generic "various team members" as the authors and then list them in the text box of the blog post. This does not allow these types of posts to show up on their author page.

patricia
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

this would be great! many of our blog posts are co-authored and it always feels bad that only one of them gets all the kudos. 

asexson
Membro

We need this as well! If anyone has figured out a workaround, please let me know! I hope HubSpot adds this feature soon. It is difficult to explain to authors why they are not getting credit under their profiles.