HubSpot Ideas

Michael2

Blocking IP Addresses for form fills

It would be great if you could block certain IP addresses from form fills. I know you can block email domains or filter IP addresses for traffic but would be great to block certain IP's from downloading content. Eliminates the possibility of competitors looking at clients' content.

HubSpot Updates
New
April 27, 2017 09:25 AM

Hey @Michael2 it's not possible to prevent users with certain IP Addresses from submitting forms to download content (even if it were, they could easily change their location/IP). 

Would it meet your use-case to use password protected Landing Pages?

If not, could you provide some more detail on you, your business, and your use case for restricting form submissions?

30 Replies
CraigDavidiuk

The ability to block or blocklist by domain would be nice. I get chinese factories who have 200 reps that sit in a room and spam me all day. Thats just one factory. There are over 10 factories that pester me every day.  I even have Mandarin and Cantontese text on my contact form now saying I don't need a factory and that doesn't work either.  Its ridiculous.  But it is the same domain names all time.  I've tried blocking CHina in Cloudflare and it doesn't work b/c Chinese compnies are using a VPN. 

Sarah_M
Participant

Absolutely necessary. CAPTCHA does not cover all bots, especially if they're already cookied. 

helenasolsona
Contributor

There are spammers who keep booking meetings, so it would be great to block their email address and I.P. in the meetings tool.

AMauch4

I would love to have this option to block people who are rude or aggressive to me and my coworkers. 

ejohnson-BTC

I'd like to see IP blocking as a way to prevent spam. when your customers use gmail and similar free domain email, you cannot block that, and CAPTCHA tends to harm conversion rates. Hoping Hubspot can find another solution - maybe hidden CSS fields you can turn on in the form - honeypots.

JONES
Participant | Diamond Partner

We also need this done. We are flooded everyday on forms and this is getting crazy!!!  It would be best if we could block regions, as users can change thier IP address. So if we could say only US & Canadian IP addresss are allowed to fill in this form or view this page.  This should be available to all accounts not just pro and enterprize accounts as well. 

AWalsh8

This really needs to work in the meeting booking tool as well as general forms.

lhaehle

Hey! We use Captcha on our web form and we have blocked submissions from outside our region of operations, but we still get a healthy amount of not just spam, but scammers actively seeking to defraud us. (They also target our customers pretending to be us, which we can do less about other than warn them, unfortunately.) They will pose as big lead customers trying to get our sales reps to open an account and start shipping them product. They are canny and have almost convinced even some of our most seasons reps to send them product. 

Blocking IP addresses would be a good start to getting rid of this issue. We would also love to see more actions for following up with specifically scammers like this. It would be nice to have a limbo/black hole you could send the contact that would remove them from the active database (not 'non-marketing contact') with some messaging that would track the activity to better prevent it from coming back... like a ghost record with comments and activity history, and a cross-reference of contacts with duplicate IP address.  That way if they try to renew they will be blocked and tracked, and we can look up the record if needed. 

lhaehle

One more thing: we are about to update our contact form to ask follow-up questions of potential leads to help screen the scammers. Unfortunately, in the follow-up/sub-question level, Hubspot does not allow the required answer (red asterisk) so our concern is we will have scammers bypassing the screening questions. Implementing required answers on contact form sub questions would be helpful. 

AnnaPietka
Participant

We don't offer our product in certain countries and it would be super useful to actually block the form submissions and display a message that the service is not available in this region.