Block free email providers from bots

Just what title says, we don't want gmail, hotmail.com... emails come through our bot. only valid business email addresses.

HubSpot updates
7 Replies
clioi
Top Contributor

Hi,

Just reading through the Messages help article and I was wondering if you could add an option to block free email providers from submitting their email before chatting to us?

"Collect visitor's email address: select this option to prompt the visitor to provide their email address before they receive a reply from you. They will then be created as a contact."

Just like we do not send our content to free or spam email addresses when they submit one of our forms/lead flows, we would not want to have these free email providers contacts chat to us, only actual business employees.

Thanks,

Clio

YonM
Regular Contributor

Agreed! I was surprised that this wasn't included. 

Would like to have similar functionality like when an email is submitted in a form - control over who is notified, what emails we accept, and what followup actions occur.

benmd
Occasional Contributor

Love this idea. 

aflynn
New Contributor

Agreed, I was on to HubSpot today about this. Just starting using the bots and love it. However, we have had a few spam leads using free webmail, so if we could block them like we can in a HubSpot form it would be fantastic.

OfekA
Visitor

We need this feature, please implement!

lisadevoto
Occasional Contributor

Would also like to see this feature added.

TommyB93
New Contributor

Yes, upvote this idea. Would also be great to limit chat being displayed based on IP geo-tagging so chat windows aren't displayed to traffic outside our target markets.