HubSpot Ideas

Shay

Block free email providers from Lead Flows

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 10 votes.

Since we can block free email providers and certain domains from filling out other forms in HubSpot, it would be great if the Lead Flow forms could also block those.

19 Comentários
DanAt3DV
Colaborador(a)

Heartily agree with this!

JuliaOwnBackup
Membro

Absolutely agree. This would significantly help us improve the quality of our leads as a B2B company.

markjnor
Participante

Agree! Being able to block gmail, hotmail, outlook etc. would greatly improve the quality of leads for our business.

DanAt3DV
Colaborador(a)

The work-around we've found for this is via setting up a workflow with the lead flow submission as a trigger. We run it through and check the email address isn't from a free provider. If it is we send an email to the customer asking them to reapply with a business email address. Otherwise, the content gets emailed over to them directly.

Hope this helps until we have a nice tickbox to select. 

JuliaOwnBackup
Membro

Thanks, Dan! We'll try this out.

mayjc
Participante

I would love to see this! Also enabling some template options for the leadins would be fantastic. At the moment they're pretty limited in their sizing/appearance. I would like to keep using them as they are part of HS, and adding a leadin from an outside plugin would be a bit more effort. 

AndyBauer
Participante

Yes- being able to block free email users on Lead Flow would simplify things a lot for us! We are using Lead Flow simply as a step to get to a Landing Page to collect a sufficient amount of data and the fact alone that it produces a new contact in HubSpot is challenging enough!

jesses
Membro

Agreed

Babel_Gem
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Fully agree with this - as it is possible in normal forms it should be possible in lead flows.

Tara
Membro

Agreed

sarahaas
Participante

I would also like to be able to add custom domains to block.

sachahydra
Participante

Hi Dan, Thank you for the reply with workaround for this.   

Hi Hubspot , I am using Professional paid edition - please can you let us know when it will be possible to have the functionality to block free email providers from Lead Flow submissions?

If it can be done on forms makes sense for Lead Flows to have the same option.

Many thanks

Sacha

mmandel
Participante

I completely agree with this! You should also be able to change the field label on any of the fields used for Lead Flows. 

sachahydra
Participante

Thanks for the upvote.  If enough of us ask Hubspot may look at updating the functionality.  

jrudd
Participante

I just got asked about this. So glad I'm not the only one! So many none business emails are coming through in my lead flow so it's effective, I just want to be sure I'm getting email address that are actual leads.

sparam
Participante

I absolutely hope that blocking private email-providers (and competitors like possible in regular forms) is soon to come

Status atualizado para: Delivered
Shay
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi all, wanted to give you a heads up that we've just released this feature for all customers of HubSpot Marketing Starter, Basic, Professional and Enterprise, you'll now see an edit button beside the email field in the lead flows editor that will allow you to block free email providers and block specific email domains as needed. For more info you can check out our blog post here: https://www.hubspot.com/product-updates/now-live-customize-lead-flow-form-fields-block-specific-emai...

sachahydra
Participante

Hi Shay  That's great news!  Thank you Hubspot, you listened and acted, nice work!

sparam
Participante

Thank you Shay. When will it be available? We have two instances over here in Germany both don't have the feature "Email domains to block" yet. (Marketing Pro and another one Marketing Enterprise)