HubSpot Ideas

cgroner

Block Messages by IP Address or Contact

I would like the messages feature to stop showing based on users IP address. We could block abusive contacts.

HubSpot Updates
Re: Block Messages by IP Address or Contact - changed to: Delivered
June 05, 2018 11:46 AM

Hi all! I'm pleased to announce the ability to block senders is now available from the right hand sidebar under the More drop down.

January 10, 2018 01:14 PM

Additional comment from another post:
"Another major issue is that there isn't a way to block or ban certain users from future chats. Using other chat platforms, we are able to block visitors who sexual harass or make other offensive comments. THIS IS IMPORTANT."

Re: Block Messages Feature By IP Address - changed to: In Planning
October 27, 2017 01:00 PM

6 Replies
hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Additional comment from another post:
"Another major issue is that there isn't a way to block or ban certain users from future chats. Using other chat platforms, we are able to block visitors who sexual harass or make other offensive comments. THIS IS IMPORTANT."

deliah

The block feature is a much needed feature for messages  in HubSpot. We had one of our female employees receive inappropriate messages. Please escalate this issue. 

Thanks, 

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! I'm pleased to announce the ability to block senders is now available from the right hand sidebar under the More drop down.

AndreaBoccard

I'm searching all over the current offensive chat window and I don't see the More drop down in the right hand sidebar.

myworks-peter
Participant

I'm confused about this Block Senders option...It seems it just moves the chat/Conversation to a new Filtered tab:

http://scrn.myworks.software/mNzx18

We want to COMPLETELY block them from ever chatting with us - aka, the chat window shouldn't even show up for them.