HubSpot Ideas

tholmes

Birthday/Anniversary Date Picker Customization

Currently, when using a date field in Workflows or Lists, it is impossible to ignore the year for annually recurring events (such as a birthday or anniversary). This leads to problems when wanting a create a list of contacts with birthdays within the next # days because HubSpot will only look into the next # days of the current year. If we were able to insert a wildcard for the year or only choose month and day, that would solve the issue.

Thank you!

31 Replies
Sassika
Contributor

We would love this feature as well to be able to just record DD-MM. We sent out a birthday card to our clients each year on their birthday but unless they put their DOB year as the current year, they don't receive a birthday card as the workflow is restricted in date choices e.g. 'today, 'less than 1 day ago' etc.

We have to manually export our birthday list, amend all the years to the current year e.g. 2021 and then upload it back into HS so they get sent their birthday cards.

It should just be a simple option of only having to enter day and month?

ridingforlife
Top Contributor

@jtremblay  Is there any update on this? Nothing since May 2020, and this has been a request for almost 4 (!) years.

AntonioN

Yes! we also need this feature. Just DD/MM without YYYY. Should be easy I think.

AnnaMbudo
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes, we totally need it ASAP!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jtremblayI'd like to see an update from the HubSpot team on this idea! We are another company trying to set up a "birthday" property but do NOT want the year in the format. The year is irrelevant for our purposes. Also, our customer base is mainly women. Women don't tend to want their birth year out there 😜.  I hope this idea is still being considered. 

AChan26

Any update on this? This feature would be really helpful when connecting with clients.

navethegreat
Participant

I too would also love this. I think there is a way to do this already, but it's soooooooooooo ghetto and it requires hubspot pro to use the "format data" option. And you need it because there are leap years. Right now you can simply base it around the orginal date, then just delay 365 days. The problem is accounting for leap years. So, occasionally your workflow will be one day off, which is kind of annoying.

This is where the format data could potentially come in. Which if it does what I think it does, you could potentially just use math to divide out 1 day every 4 years.

This method only works if you set up the years manually...1 year 365 days...2 years 730 days...etc etc. So, your workflow would be yuuuuuuuuuuuge, but it can work.

Jung_Yueh_Lien
Participant | Diamond Partner

Any update ? 

since this issuse was raised 2017 

now is 2022 

lol

how could i make a list to find out in CRM those who birthday is in September ?

ErinMcNaboe

Finding birth years is next to impossible to take advantage of this feature. Month and day should suffice. Is there an update?

clemreybou

Could you look into it ? 

It is a simple automatisation that will allow to know when the birthday of customer is coming.

It would very useful instead of checking month what birthdates are coming.

I think, it would need to implement a format DD/MM and then a tool counting "Today's date". Then, we could create with a Workflow a clock counting the days before the date coming 

EFlores_Paula
Participant | Partner

Google Contacts does this well. You can enter either the full date of birth, including the year, or just the day and month, whihc is ideal becasue not very many people want to share their year of birth.