HubSpot Ideas

Jeffrey_U

Better User Management

It would be very nice to have a much better user management. With more options for rights and permissions.

49 Replies
SarahV

When setting up a Users permissions I want to be able to select other users whose information that user can also view and edit, rather than just 'owned only'.  

As some members are part of the same team it makes sense for them to be able to see what each other are doing, but what I don't want is to give them full access to others teams info. The reason we cannot allow access for all is due to avoid fall out between teams and protect privacy. We do not want all members of each team to see what other teams are doing. If a user on one team secured a customer or deal, there would be nothing stopping a user on another team from claiming that deal as theirs - if they could all view and edit everything. 

tahirqazi
Participant

It would be great to give access to one or more users in a company to only a specific pipeline. This way you control access to ciritical account data that only a few members of your team should see. It also helps to keep pipelines focused based on a variety of factors.

Jems212
Participant

Hi there,

I believe the ability to define which contacts a user can see needs improved please.

Just being able to set that a user can see contacts owned or all contacts is not idea, even my old CRM system before hubspot had this ability.

So say a sales manager needs to see all sales team leads in his area but he shouldn't see another area. e.g. Sales team are assigned different regions in the UK and only see their contacts - that's ok as views owned contacts but then Sales manager 1 manages all sales teams for england and should see all contacts in England or belonging to certain sales teammembers. He cannot see Wales, this belongs to sales manager 2.

Thanks!

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @Jeffrey_U could you provide some further detail / context here? What are your (your team's) specific goals, and how could User Roles / Permissions be improved to help you meet them?

YT

I purchase leads/customer information from one vendor and sell them to two different buyers.

I currently have two different portals/accounts for the two different buyers.

I want to give my vendor access to Hubspot to allow him to track the leads/deals he sells me and their respective deal stages.

I don't want him to have to go into two seperate portals to track the leads he sells me and then have to add up number of deals/leads in each deal stage from the two different portals.

My solution was to use one portal and two different pipelines.

The problem is that I don't want the two buyeres to see each other's deals.

I know I can limit their respective access/permissions to only their 'owned deals', but I don't want them to even see the other pipeline, which contains the other buyer's deals.

Their is currently no way to limit user access to only specific pipelines.

Can Hubspot make it that I, as the account administrator can limit which pipeline(s) the other users can access?

ndwilliams3
Key Advisor

I would like the ability on individual contact properties to set permissions by role to: Hidden, Read Only, Read and Edit.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

I can confirm that user management is in the process of being completely rebuilt. There are a number of meaningful improvements that will be rolled out In Beta and live for all customers in the coming weeks that include more granular/custom permission settings as well as the function of setting up Sales Teams for the CRM and tools such as Reports and Meetings. Stay tuned to this post, as well as our Product Updates Blog for details. 

dilloncompton
HubSpot Product Team

GabbyS
Member | Elite Partner

It would be great to have the ability to prevent other CRM users from creating, editing, and deleting email templates, so that only those with permission are able to make those modifications. 

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @SarahV@tahirqazi@GabbyS@YT - I recently moved your individual feature requests regarding User Permissions to this main thread. While you all have different / valid requests and ways you'd like to see user roles defined, it's useful to have them all in the one place so that they can be evaluated. Two use problems / goals might be solved / achieved with one feature update. 

As @dilloncompton has updated above, we are in the process of testing a new set of user roles and permission settings. Our product teams will continue to take on feedback and make updates before release, we'll keep you all updated on this thread, but in addition you can also subscribe to HubSpot Product Update notifications here. I cannot confirm a launch date / ETA at this time. 

To find out more about HubSpot's Beta Program please visit this site.

Once these new permissions have been made available to all customers, if any of the above request have still not been met I will move them back individual posts for users to vote on.

If you have any questions, concerns or feedback please feel free to send me a DM. 

erikfrye

It would be excellent if we could limit access to the social tool with read and write for marketers like you can for blog, landing pages and email (shown below).

We just moved over to the social tool in hubspot, but are still a little scared that all the "marketers" have access to post on our social channels.

2017-06-07_1556

rphillips
Participant

Also would be nice for an admin user to have ability to send a sales email on behalf of a rep instead of having to log out and in each time.

andrw1w

The user management aspect of the CRM is pretty poor and not very functional for any team that needs any sort of collaboration and custom permissions. Either a user can see only what is assigned to them our unassigned, or they can see everything. This provides very poor flexibility when multiple people are working on the same "deal", or even creating separating permissions for very different types of things within the CRM like contacts, companies, deals etc. All which should have different reasons for different permissions. We will really need this to be fixed to stay a customer.

beckyschaen
Participant

We are interested in controlling what a user can see on a more granular level. We don't want reps to be able to see each other's contacts, but we have a user assigned for "unassigned" and would like all reps to see these.

SeektheKingdom1
Participant

It would be sweet if portals could be set up from simply selecting a blueprint.  This blueprint would define user permissions, contact-company-deal filtered views & property arrangements, shared templates, and location/market information.  This way when you add a user you would just assign them a 'Sales - Minnesota' blueprint for example or 'Production - Colorado' or 'Lead Gen Team' etc

This would save a ton of time setting up users and possibly allow for segmenting by location at the account level rather than just a dropdown property that you need to have in contacts/companies/deals (redundant).  It would also allow you to reset users (update their blueprint) after you have made significant changes to your company's processes and not have to go through syncing user by user.  

Stuart1
Participant

Hi There,

I completely agree with more advanced user permission settings.

It would be great to limit user access to the "About Section" but still allow users access to the timeline capabilities.

This would be really helpful for admins to control quality of property data, because as it stands, anyone who needs to view and make notes on the timeline can also edit the "About " section. As the quality of data is so important, it would be extremely helpful to control access to the property data within the "About" section.

Many thanks,

Stuart

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

I'm happy to announce that HubSpot rebuilt the tools you use to manage users inside HubSpot from the ground up. You’ll find a number of awesome improvements, and a clean new design. Please see this post from the Product Updates blog for a rundown of these new features.

Please note: These features are now being rolled out to all HubSpot users! This process will take us up to a week to complete - you’ll have them in your HubSpot account soon. In the meantime, you can still turn them on manually - see post above. 

beckyschaen
Participant

This doesn't resolve much for us. If we are using teams to control our user permissions, we need to be able to assign a team member to more than one team.

JAM
Participant

I too would like to be able to restrict/allow access to specific contacts by specific users/team to increase client confidentiality for exclusive VIP clients and prevent opportunities for poaching clients by sales team members. These are fundemental requirements of any CRM - particularly with today's increased privacy laws around personally identifiable information.

lcrumling
Contributor

I'd also like the user management features to be updated. I am the HubSpot admin for our team and I get requests all the time to move around the default contact/company/deal properties for people (yes, even though they can do it themselves...). It would be super helpful to allow admins to change the default views for individual people as well as overall. When you make a change to the default properties in settings, it won't apply to an individual's settings if they've already changed something from the default, which makes sense. But I'd love the ability to 'view as x user' so I can see and edit the default properties that show up for an individual user.

Let me know if you want more information!