HubSpot Ideas

fenstermakera

Be able to search notes in CRM (within or across contacts)

Basic CRM functionality missing.  Need to do a keyword search.   

HubSpot Updates
Re: Be able to search notes in CRM (within or across contacts) - changed to: Delivered
March 28, 2018 12:15 PM

The ability to search on notes has come out of closed beta and is live in the product to all customers!

In Beta
October 03, 2017 03:19 PM

This feature is currently in Beta for a randomly selected group of portals. Will be available for everyone soon.

In Planning
August 24, 2017 05:45 AM

In Planning
August 24, 2017 05:03 AM

62 Replies
Browns
Participant

Another reason I am passing on Hubspot no note or call search.

Why is it important? Say you are in real estate have 1 thousand contacts. You just got free hockey tickets and want to give to a client. You go to your crm and type in hockey and nothing happens ( well if you have hubspot that is )  does this maybe seem like the most important feature you should work on right now!!! I will stay with Pipedrive who will be releasing note search as soon as next month, prosperworks has excellent note search just like google and one reason I wanted togo with them.

Jems212
Participant

Would be so helpful.  Often we don't remember customer names as we meet so many but always remember a part of our conversation that I know will be in their notes and would like to be able to search by this.

Also we deal with clinician's/nurses so the actual patient names aren't our contacts they are just in our notes so if we did an assessment of patient James Smith and a different nurse rings next week to ask about assessment of James Smith unless she tell me the name of the nurse that booked the assessment I can't just search for notes containing James Smith.

thanks

seanfilidis

Shocked this is not already possible!

CFP-Jim

As a newbie to HubSpot, my enthussiasm is waning having learned it is not possible to conduct a word search across all Deals.

Examples of practical usefulness of this feature could be several, yet specific to each company using HubSpot. I thought I found the CRM for our small business to dive into . .. .. but not yet. I'll keep looking.

Browns
Participant

I keep looking for best crm for my uses. Pipedrive still the best.. The contact window the best. The Activity Tracker invaluable, Note search coming soon. I love that it does not have extra features I do not want or need. For a small business, especially outgoing call type like real estate, mortgage, insurance etc the best at the moment

mrspabs
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

I have noticed that the notes on a contact record are not searchable. It would be great to make it searchable and usable in a filter. 

Drunner4

Is this really not available with Hubspot.  I'm an Evernote junkie and thought I would try HS to manage my partners/prospects conversations and status.  I assumed it would be a great place to log conversations but if I can't do a global search to pull out who I talked to about a certain topic, then its really missing something.  I've used PIMs/CRMS for 30 years and this is a basic function.  HS - is this on the roadmap - please tell before I spend too much more time building out my HS :-).  

Browns
Participant

Hubspot pretty cool for a free crm and even looks ok but obviously missing some key components including note search. I am using Pipedrive which is hands down the best crm for 12 bucs a month, note searching is in beta now so should be fully working in a month. Also has custom activity reporting which I needed... Prosperworks also has full note search but too expensive for the features.. Finally Capsule has a great note search!!! I would use that were it not lacking activity reporting

shaki

+100 for searching notes...seem such basic functionality...is it only available to paid users?

Chorany

I 100% agree. We are a paid customer and trying to make this work for our business. This single feature may ultimatley be a deal killer for us. 

jameshahnii
Participant

Just had a prospect introduce me to the owner of an investment firm another contact told me they were acquired by just last week. Problem: I did over 100 calls and emails last week and cannot for the life of me remember who said that. There is no reason I can't search my notes and have an answer in 3 seconds ... especially being a paying customer, as others have noted.

Please make this happen. Not having it is costing me money right now.

PLEASE!!!

rickm
Participant

Really need to add this.  This is basic functionality that all other CRMs have, including the one we just came from (Zoho) that's much cheaper than HubSpot.

Nicola353

I'm also a new user and really shocked you can't do basic searches across all fields - even Gmail's CRM allows this.

At the moment if a contact contains a particular term or reference it seems like I have to know exactly which field the term will be contained in.

e.g. I met several contacts at an event called 'Green Drinks'.  I've made sure to put this into the contacts' info, but if I search for this term only one contact is found.

Surely this can't be the case?  Please could you let me know if I'm missing something - a CRM without this basic search feature is useless and ultimately everything connected to it!!

CFP-Jim

We have discontinued using Hubspot, primarily for the inablity to search for key words across the platform.

If that feature were, there, this wouild not only be a cool app, but a functional software.

Please let us know if and when you add key word search functionality.

Thank you!

lemcontour

we had this type of search when we were using salesforce at a previous business and it was amazing! search anything,anywhere in the main searh tool and bingo! there it was. SO QUICK SO EASY SOO HANDY! bring it on hubspot!

mzager
Contributor

Being able to not only search Notes and Call Activities, but also being able to extract that data as well. It's really hampering my ability to sell this across our various teams in the organization. HubSpot (paying customer here) is being used as a stop-gap "it's better than nothing" solution, but the lack of exportable or searchable data is keeping us from really committing to the platform.

Nicola353

I have to agree - I work as a consultant  - if this one feature was resolved then I would recommend HubSpot to my clients -.as it stands Gmail is a better CRM!

Not being able to do a global search for a term or name across the CRM is a huge issue and one which needs to be resolved to make this a viable product.

lemcontour

What is the point in ANY CRM if you cant find what you are looking for!!??

its sad! this missing feature alone makes an A grade CRM a flat lame broke CRM!

come on hubspot...please fire up!

Merlin

This is a HUGE feature that needs to be implemented ASAP.  It also would be nice to have the ability to use a wildcard expression when this feature is implemented. 

crimbojones

Essential function. User Browns commented that 'Pipeline' has this function. We will be looking into this.