HubSpot Ideas

normwaldon

Be able to save emails to a selected contact record, not just the email senders contact record

Rather than using the save function that only goes to the senders record, it would be good to be able to save an email to a particular contact record that I select from within Outlook.

I have the Outlook Hubspot add in currently, which means when I want to save an email I 'forward to' XXXXXXX@forward.hubspot.com

But this only goes to the record of the person who emailed to me - when I might prefer to save the email to another client record instead.

To save to a particular contect record there is a 'work around' - after you forward the email to your forwarding address to have it logged on the contact record, you can then go into the Hubspot record and associate the email activity with other contact records

This is a painful and unfortunate waste of time !!

It takes quite a bit more effort to locate the record in Hubspot, often wait for the email to syncronise to the client record, then associate with another record.

When I get generic emails from suppliers, or emails from a supplier that pertains to only one or two clients, then I would prefer to just save on the applicable client contact record rather than the supplier record.

(or needing to go into the supplier record each time and then associate with the relevant client record).

Suppliers end up having hundreds, or even thousands of emails against their contact record with the current system - which is unnecessary.

We do not usually wish to reply to a supplier email - we just wish to save that against the supplier record so that we can evidence that the supplier has responded, but we more importantly need to save the email against a particular client contact record that we choose.

0 Upvotes