HubSpot Ideas

KDelahunt

Be able to customize at the tablet breakpoint

I need to ensure that the tablet breakpoint appears correct for the users of my website. Even though the preview mode displays the tablet breakpoint along with the desktop and mobile, the Website and Landing Page Editor only provides an option to edit for mobile or edit as desktop. It is frustrating that one feature displays the tablet breakpoint, yet another doesn't let you to edit the content at that point.

This article seems to indicate it's not possible and that the feature is coming. Responsive web design isn't new and it's surprising it's not an available feature.

According to HubSpot support, it is not possible to enable the tablet breakpoint in my Website and Landing Page Editor. They say you can only edit your theme's CSS to add a media query. Using developer skills to do this defeats the point of the this content editor.

What's the hold up? I will not be recommending HubSpot as a designer in the future if this feature continues to be absent. Mobile-first design is not something that should be secondary.

Support for Tablet Editing - Screenshot of - PC and Mobile only.pngSupport for Tablet Editing - Screenshot of - Preview of three breakpoints.png

14件のコメント
afdallah_arafat
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Definitely need this!

AHewitt5
メンバー

100% behind this.  Must have feature

PBifaro
メンバー

My inability to style for tablets is a major problem. Mobile and tablet devices are used by 99% of our clients. This is incredibly disappointing because I could do this and much more with WordPress. When will this feature be available?

Msyvrais
キーアドバイザー

This would be ideal to be able to customize all breakpoints (mobile, tablet and desktop). 

SChang
メンバー

It's a must-have function! Please 🙂 

SGuerin
メンバー

Agree, definitely need it.

SChang
メンバー

+ 1 

elunnin
メンバー

Seems odd to have to request this. Definitely a UX fail. 

+1

arinker
トップ投稿者 | Solutions Partner

+1000

arinker
トップ投稿者 | Solutions Partner

@hubspotand @KDelahunt,

We share the community's concern about the lack of breakpoint customization in HubSpot's CMS, especially when compared to more flexible platforms like Webflow. Our team found that HubSpot currently supports only a mobile breakpoint, limiting our design capabilities. This issue hinders us from fully utilizing HubSpot's drag-and-drop templates and delivering a truly responsive user experience. We urge HubSpot to address this limitation to better serve developers and designers, and to enhance the user experience across various devices. We look forward to updates and hope for quick implementation.

TOTLD
メンバー

Found this thread searching for a solution to no tablet breakpoint availability (or any custom breakpoint config at all besides an army of CSS media queries).

Will be recommending that our client takes their web development to another platform. HubSpot may be their choice of CRM but clearly it is not a robust CMS. Even free WordPress builders account for responsive design more than this CMS.

Steven_Steggles
メンバー

It's really unacceptable that you cannot set responsive CSS for tablet devices. I can only imagine that Hubspot cannot add the capability now without breaking the existing code.

Does anyone know if there has been any updates on this?

brCan
メンバー | Diamond Partner

I just have wrapping issues that I cannot fix without a tablet breakpoint editor.  Please consider this!

C-Craven
メンバー

Definitely needed. No ability to customize for tablet is a major CMS UX shortfall. Plenty other platforms offer this customisation.