Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Be able to amend GDPR Subscription preferences through workflows

The new communications subscription properties are great, however only if using the HubSpot default form properties to gather consent. However, if we use custom properties for example, we have one that asks 'Do you want to optin - Yes or no' radio button, then there seems to be no way of starting a workflow that updates the subscription preferences. Also, third party providers such as Unbounce or Leadpages don't see the subscription preferences, and therefore we have to use custom properties in the forms.
HubSpot updates
53 Comentarios
ElleP
Asesor destacado

Thanks @TylerScionti! I found a way I think with workflows and just adding people to static lists, but is it possible to use email subscriptions in smartlists yet? So far, I only see a way to use "opted out of" as a property, but I would love to be able to use email subscriptions! It would be a lot easier :-). Thanks again! 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
Estado actualizado a: Delivered

This is now live!

We've released the ability to update opt status per subscription type via workflows; the new action is called 'manage subscription status' and can be founder under the 'Contact Properties' section of the Workflow actions. For GDPR-enabled portals you can opt a contact in or out and set a legal basis for communication. For non-GDPR-enabled portals it simple either opts contacts in or out. 

Opted out contacts will not be able to be opted in as only the contact can manage their preferences and the opted out status won't be overidden. 

Hawk-Steve
Experto titular

Perfect, thanks HS!

Now, time to update these 50+ workflows