HubSpot Ideas

Tnichs

Be able to amend GDPR Subscription preferences through workflows

The new communications subscription properties are great, however only if using the HubSpot default form properties to gather consent. However, if we use custom properties for example, we have one that asks 'Do you want to optin - Yes or no' radio button, then there seems to be no way of starting a workflow that updates the subscription preferences. Also, third party providers such as Unbounce or Leadpages don't see the subscription preferences, and therefore we have to use custom properties in the forms.
53 Commentaires
hpotter
Membre

Agreed! This is a need.

joerg
Membre

Not being able to adjust subscription types through workflow prevents us from using subscription types altogether. This is a big issue for us. I head that this is already being worked on. Please keep a high prio for this. It's really important for us.

twandeleijer
Participant

Same here. I was trying to set up a workflow with a trigger based on somebody entering a subscription, but unfortunately found out that subscriptions are available in workflows.

raphaelarias
Contributeur

Workflow and API too. We need to be able to update it programatically.

jayccr
Membre

Agreed! This is definitely needed. The majority of our leads come from Facebook Lead Ads, and there's no current way to use the lead ad to ask them to opt-in and sync that back to HubSpot. The result is our leads are coming in with 0 subscriptions and the only way to change that is to manually do it for every lead (or mass update). This means we cannot email them until we add the subscription, so we have to constantly be doing this for new leads. 

On top of that, the vast majority of our leads aren't even in Europe...so we're doing this all for a small portion of leads coming in. We definitely need a way to update subscriptions via workflow for situations like this, and a way for Lead Ads to sync the opt-in status (which I hear they're also working on but isn't ready yet).

simon2
Contributeur

This looks crucial for us to be able to manage subscriptions and legal basis to communicate. Further to this, we need to be able to sync subscriptions with Salesforce - and subscriptions are also not available to map with Salesforce sync.

jdickinson
Participant

Struggling with this as well. Our goal was to use communication subscriptions as an email contact list.  I'm somewhat at a loss now (beyond GDPR legal) how to create a contact distribution list that coincides with what our contacts what to actually receive from us.

LollipopRob
Contributeur

We need Subscription preferences to be a trigger for workflows.

Otherwise people who have NOT opted into our emails can still be enrolled in our workflows, but they just won't be sent the emails.

If they later opted in to our emails, we'd have to re-enroll them into any workflows OR they could be half way through a workflow when they opt in - which ruins the workflow...

*** UPDATE

Email Subscriptions have now been added to Triggers and If/then branches.

Just waiting for it to appear as an action now - else we're not going to be able to send email marketing to people who fill out our third party quizzes!

simon2
Contributeur

Just to add to this - you can sync the 'opt out' property for each subscription with Salesforce, however it's a read-only field and so still can't be updated by Salesforce or a Workflow.

davidrevis
Contributeur

Completely agree we really need this.

KeyWestScott
Conseiller clé

We have the same scenario with Collected Forms from our booking site.  We have the Opt-In fields on the booking site, but cannot update the customer record to include the Email Type that the customer has selected, that they would like to receive.

Status on this, HubSpot???  Unfortunately, there seems to be a bunch of interest in this, but no comment yet from HS.....

Scott

jrwthetreegroup
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Yes please to this idea. Would be much easier if 'Communication subscriptions' updated a Contact property then we can use it in many different ways inside and outside of HubSpot.

Paul_CW
Membre

This is required urgently, Hubspot has been rendered pretty useless with these subscriptions. Even those with a legitimate intrest can't be contacted without a subscription. We use hubspot to send important update notifications to all of our software subscribers and eventhough they have legitimate interest we have had to set up a new subscription for "softwareupdates" which of course they are not subscribed and therefore they don't get the updates. 

Subscribing automatically by workflow is an urget requirement to keep Hubspot as a viable option.

KeyWestScott
Conseiller clé

For your scenario.  Couldn't you use the Yes / No options to take the customer to one of 2 landing pages (a YES page and a NO page), with  a subsequent form that does have the appropriate GDPR options available?

Or do I not understand the issue fully?

Scott

mblank
Membre

This is a significant problem. Rather than being able to gauge a leads' interest in a custom form that automatically sets subscription preferences based on responses, the current tools would require us to send a follow-up email taking the new lead to the email preference page. I already know, based on the form completed, that half of my subscription types are irrelevant for the new lead. I don't want them to have to decide that my customer emails are not yet relevant for them. I only want them to have the option to enroll in relevant email types. As it is, I'm replicating the subscription tool by using a custom property that I can update via form and workflow to manage email types.

KeyWestScott
Conseiller clé

Is something like this, what you're looking for?  Give them a couple of possible lists, that they may be interested in?  If so, this is what I created in the Forms tool.  Scott

Forms.JPG

Sidsel_cph
Membre

Please please make this possible in workflows!! It is crucial for updating new customers/SQLs with legal basis + communication and even more important that we can REMOVE the legal basis/communication automatically when they stop their subscribtion and are no longer customers.

Right now you guys make it really hard to be GDPR compliant 😞

This is the most critical issue right now for both Marketing, Inbound Sales and Customer Success.

bmccluskey
Participant | Partenaire solutions

Agree! We're using SumoMe to collect subscribers and either 1) Need the integration to be able to pass GDPR-compliant list opt-in, or 2) Need to be able to update list opt-in through a workflow. 

raphaelarias
Contributeur

Hubspot is very silent on this issue.

CST
Participant

Hi eveyone,

this option exists ....

In a nutshell:

1. create a contact list based on criteria "your custom subscription type" yes/no

2. go to contact overview and add a filter based on lists. Select your new list, created in step 1.

3. select all contacts and run a bulk edit "Add communication subscription for contact" found under 'more'.

source: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/contacts/Manage-your-subscription-preferences-and...