HubSpot Ideas

CéliaMOLINA

Based on a date for deals

Hello, 

I recently had a project I wanted to include in my Hubspot management and workflows. The project was to change a specific roperty in Deals section, to another one, each end of month. 

For example, each 30th of the month , I want my deal to change of status. 

For now it's not possible to base the workflow of Deal section on a date (contrary to contact section) and it's not possible also to include a specific date that would trigger an action into a workflow. 

The idea is thus, to create a section where it's possible to settle a deal on a date or include a way to choose specific date to trigger an event in a workflow. 

I hope you liked the idea !

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
September 01, 2022 11:30 AM

Hi All,

Functionality like this is possible with a new workflow action that's available to all customers using the workflows app. The new delay action (Delay until a date") allows you to create delays centered around both a calendar date (eg. an event happening on 9/15/22) or centered around a date property (for example the "close date" of a deal). This can be used in any type of workflow.

Our KB doc has all the details: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-delays#delay-until-a-date

Best,

Megan

P.S. It may not be quite a perfect fit to part the original request, if the goal is to center a workflow around a generic day of the month (eg. the 30th of every month), but it does allow a specific date (eg, 9/30/22, or a deal close date). If looking for something that repeats on a generic date of every month, check out scheduled workflows which are an Operations Hub feature.

2 Replies
lizchartrand

Yes, we really need this feature!

This would greatly impact our teams communication with customers! We focus primarily on reaching out to customers based on deal status, engagement, and dates. Unfortunately, right now are forced to push deal info to contacts in a very specific way and it would be way more efficient (and accurate) if we could have date-centered deal-based workflow!

I wish I could upvote this 1000x.

MeganLegge
HubSpot Product Team

Hi All,

Functionality like this is possible with a new workflow action that's available to all customers using the workflows app. The new delay action (Delay until a date") allows you to create delays centered around both a calendar date (eg. an event happening on 9/15/22) or centered around a date property (for example the "close date" of a deal). This can be used in any type of workflow.

Our KB doc has all the details: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-delays#delay-until-a-date

Best,

Megan

P.S. It may not be quite a perfect fit to part the original request, if the goal is to center a workflow around a generic day of the month (eg. the 30th of every month), but it does allow a specific date (eg, 9/30/22, or a deal close date). If looking for something that repeats on a generic date of every month, check out scheduled workflows which are an Operations Hub feature.