HubSpot Ideas

AdamLPW

BUG - UK 10 digit phone numbers picked up as incorrect by Hubspot Calling

6 Kommentare
hroberts
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi @AdamLPW! I apologize for the run around here. I will be closing the loop with Support as well, but you should not have been sent to the ideas forum. Our provider requires that the country code be added when calling any countries outside of the United States in order for them to detect the number and validate it. See the yellow note in our knowledge article here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/calling/use-the-calling-tool#how-to-make-a-call. If you add 44 before that number it will be seen as valid and you can call this contact!

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
hroberts
HubSpot-Produktteam

AdamLPW
Autorität

@hroberts - thanks for coming back to me.  

Added the prefix, which has resolved for this case.  Interestingly, I don't have to do this for standard UK numbers, only where customers have a shorter number, e.g.:

01234 567890 dials fine thru HubSpot;

01234 56789 requires the +44 prefix (i.e. number needs to be entered as +441234 56789)

Just FYI

hroberts
HubSpot-Produktteam

Thank you for pointing that out, @AdamLPW ! I'll dig into that with our provider and if we can make any changes to improve that experience, I'll let you know here. 

hroberts
HubSpot-Produktteam

@AdamLPW  I'm so pleased to share that we were able to do some digging on our side and find a solution for this. The 10 digit UK numbers should now validate automatically and without you needing to enter the country code as well. Thank you again for alerting us to this!

AdamLPW
Autorität

Thanks @hroberts for coming back to me, and for getting this issue resolved Smiley (überglücklich)