HubSpot Ideas

Lucid

BRING BACK | Disable Automatically adding a contact when emailing through deals.

There used to be a toggle to disable adding a contact to deal records when you email through a deal. This quietly changed in the back ground. My organization requires this feature to prevent cross contamination of sensitive information.

We only want to keep the primary contacts in place for each deal. We deal with various other people on a deal and cannot have their contact records going into each of the deals. There are many emails we send out routinely to the same individuals (ex: banks, city, service providers which we track within the deal record but do not want to be associated as the Contacts for each deal. Meaning, mulltiple people are emailed withina  deal who are not teh clients. Therefore we can have 100 deals with several people on each Contact record for that deal that have no business being on there as it beomce impossible for users to figure out who the clients are based this.

Additionally extremely sensitive information was shared on a deal which was seen by my users which legally they cannot look at. Thanks to this malfunction emails unrelated to a deal were added to the time line. This has to be changed. 

We are not using Gmail and use the inbox and the deal record for client management. It is not possible to work with Gmail given the CRM's use. This is a huge issue for my company.

I'd like to see this brought back and have the ability to turn this off system wide. Manual contact creation for deal records has to be brought back.

1 Reply
MMarohn
Participant

I am in a similar situation. We use HS to track short-term real estate loans. An individual borrower may have multiple loans/deals. We are finding that every communication sent to the contact/borrower is recorded on every single one of their loan/deal's activity lines. This triples the amount of information dumped into each deal and then our team has to wade through all the activity events to find the emails related to that sepecific loan. We're spending a significant amount of time "cleaning" out activity feeds to ensure that only those emails, etc. related to that specific deal (and not the 7 other deals a borrower has with us) are the only ones in that deal record.

I need to be able to turn-off/disassociate/unlink the feed of activites related to one contact from feeding into every deal that he/she is a part of.